+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Married man

Married man

My friend and I were crazy about each other but being young and shy we couldn't express our feelings. 8 years later I saw him but he had major depression and told me I could do better and to walk away, I respected his wishes. He ended up meeting a girl a few months after and married her exactly 1 year later.

Before and since the wedding which was in December he has virtually text me on a daily basis. His friends have told me he never forgot me and that his wife treats him like dirt. He always tells me he only sees his wife when they go to bed as she goes out every evening and that his marriage is virtually on the rocks. He never talks dirty but his messages seem like he never got over me. Tonight he has even asked would I give him a chance if he was single. I don't know why he won't let me move on.

What do you mean he won't LET you move on? So he control your life right now? You control what goes on in your life in terms of things like this. He's emotionally manipulating you and you need to move on. You could be missing out on a good man that will be all yours instead of waiting on somebody elses man.

I've been thru something similar and it got ugly real fast. Move on.

Starnique is right. You can move on if you choose to.

You do so by telling him to stop contacting you. If he won't stop, then block him.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I agree - you are in control of your own life. You should block his number and delete it, forget about him and move on.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with the above posts....YOU have also made the choice to not move on by still replying to his texts, which you absolutely have it in your control not to do.

I'd be wary of a man whose marriage is falling apart and is simultaneously trying to stay in contact with someone he has feelings for. When he warned you that you deserved better he was right.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

you should forget about him. he doesn't seem to know what he wants.

Maybe that was his way of dealing

He seems confused and having a difficult time coping with his hard marriage, which is understandable. However he doesn't control you, if you want move on do so! If you feel like you can change his life for the better and think he can make you happy go for it. Keep in mind it seems like a complicated situation you might not want to get mixed up in.

He's controlling you only because you let him control you. He's married. He's made his decision. If his wife is a bitch then that'll teach him for making such a shit decision.