+ Follow This Topic

Thread: There's a tall handsome rich guy waiting downstairs to meet you..

There's a tall handsome rich guy waiting downstairs to meet you..

I have a boyfriend we've been together for a year and a half. We're reasonably happy, some problems and some great stuff. He's currently in a different city to me, and we've been having some more problems lately.. .

Yesterday as I finished work I got pulled aside by my boss before leaving ' I need to talk to you' and she pulled me into an empty classroom.
    After a little bit of confusion (my first thought was a parent was unhappy with my teaching for some reason and then I thought she was saying a student wanted extra tutoring ... ) she told me that one of the students grandmas kept coming to the front desk asking for me to meet the student's uncle.
    The staff kept telling her no, but she kept insisting and yesterday she had brought him to meet me. She said he's handsome and rich.
    He looked at me while I was teaching my class and decided I was beautiful and wanted to meet me.
    I was like what? really? that's so weird... why? what? .. No, I don't want to meet him. So my boss sent someone down to send them away.
    But the grandma said it's fine if I don't like him but that I have to meet him first.

I went downstairs, he was tall and handsome... (I wasn't expecting him to be, family has to say they are handsome..I was expecting as everyone would a middle aged homely man.) The grandma and his sister kept saying how pretty I am and how much they liked me. They asked for us to swap phone numbers and my boss refused on my behalf, then shuffled outside with me.

He was handsome..
    My boss told me if I want to I can text her and she will give them my number.

What would you do? Would you take a shot at the tall handsome guy? Or stay with your long term boyfriend?

it depends how much you love him. if you want the tall guy, you better break up with your bf first...

The whole thing sounds soooooooo inappropriate. I don't care how handsome the guy is. He has no sense & no sense of boundaries or what is appropriate in the workplace.

You can't date a family member of one of your students while you have that student in your class.

Do you really want to date some guy who gets led around by his mother / grandmother to get dates?

Do you want to date this guy after your school principal / your Boss got dragged into all this drama? The fact that you had her run interference for you by having somebody else tell this man to go away may be detrimental to your career. If I were your boss I'd be questioning your maturity & your ability to handle situations involving the students.

Are you so shallow & uninvolved in your current BF that you are willing to throw all that away just because this other guy is handsome?

OMG. What a mess.

You are ridiculous.

What is going on with your boyfriend that is so bad that you would consider leaving him for a man you know nothing about besides he's handsome. The jury is still out on if he's rich or not because you don't know him. If you're unhappy with your boyfriend then leave him, if the problems can't be fixed. Who knows what issues you will have with this new guy. If that's the case it's better to make it work with your current boyfriend. At least you're familiar with him. You know what to expect. I would personally rather deal with my old guy and I'll be damned if I let a new guy take me thru bullshit, if I was that determined to have a man. With that being said, get to to know the other guy first, for yourself. To hell with what other people said. Do it the right way, get out of your current relationship and then get to know the other guy. It's very stupid to leave your man for a guy you know nothing about.
    Last edited by Starnique; 25-10-13 at 02:18 AM.

Also, if he such a good man, why haven't he been tied down by now? Grandma is going to be all in y'all business. Get on your grown woman shit and use your intelligence.

Go out see what hes like before dumpng long term

Sorry, I don't believe the story.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Wow, just because the guy is handsome, you would go out with him because hes tall and handsome? Yiu can't be happy with your boyfriend at all if you'd do that. Or maybe you aren't used to atractive men liking you is more the case. Your boyfriend must be fat and overweight.

... Bah, I would hate to be your boyfriend .

Mocca, does he want to buy you or just rent you for a while?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

He's tall - gosh
    Handsome - wow
    AND RICH - that's clearly the perfect combination. Clearly you should go for this new perfect guy. It's certain to work.

Troll .

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok first of all, do you dump your boyfriends for every attractive man that's interested? Secondly, it doesn't seem like you mentioned your bf at any point in this conversation. Did you say "No, I'm sorry I'm already seeing someone"? If you didn't, why? That should've been enough to get everyone off your back.
    Lastly, I'd be wary of any man who's grandma (or sister, or mom) was running around forcing girls to meet him. Seriously. If he can't meet women of his own accord, what the hell. That should be a massive red flag right there.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

If you're even asking that question you should probably not stay with your bf