+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How would you feel......?

How would you feel......?

In your opinion is your ex more attractive to you after not being able to let go of you but then suddenly does "let go" and dates someone else and then "heartbroken from the other person"... Would this make you want to give your ex another chance and work things out or would you still not want to try?

What if your ex was constantly running after you and practically begging to be together again but you tell your ex that you have moved on and you can't be with her/him and your ex still loves you but then one day tells you that he/she moved on and acts like it too... How does this make you feel? What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Emilieya View Post
    In your opinion is your ex more attractive to you after not being able to let go of you but then suddenly does "let go" and dates someone else and then "heartbroken from the other person"... Would this make you want to give your ex another chance and work things out or would you still not want to try?

What if your ex was constantly running after you and practically begging to be together again but you tell your ex that you have moved on and you can't be with her/him and your ex still loves you but then one day tells you that he/she moved on and acts like it too... How does this make you feel? What would you do?
    My ex was still running after me when I'd met my now hubby. If he'd have moved on, it would have made me glad for two reasons: 1. I'd feel less bad about having hurt him, and 2. I'd be happy that he was getting back in control of his life.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

When you say "I'd feel less bad about having hurt him" ...does this mean you still loved him?

Thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by Emilieya View Post
    When you say "I'd feel less bad about having hurt him" ...does this mean you still loved him?

Thanks for the post
    Nooooo.....no love remaining. But having no love for someone doesn't necessarily mean we want to see them hurting.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I was very attracted to my ex when we were together but because our relationship went south, more bad times then good, I no longer look at him the same. He stills looks the same but I've seen the real him and his looks don't make me want him again.

Yes, he chased me for a long time after I left him. Almost like a stalker. He even came to the state I was in at that time. He would move on but he always used to try to get me back until he realized I was over him. To this day, if I wanted him I could have him but I'm sure he has the hint by now. I'd be happy for him if he moved on. I would hope he would feel the same. Either way he really has no choice. I don't go back and forth playing emotional games.

My EXs became EXs for very good reasons. I don't believe in the merry-go-round of we're together, we're broken up, we're together.

I was always attracted to the men I dated. I didn't find them more attractive after the relationships ended. Yes, there were times I was lonely & wanted the stability back. There were times I wondered if I did the right thing by ending the relationships. but no, I never said, Oh look, he's chasing after me because I'm playing the hard to get game so he must really like me. If a guy didn't like me enough to treat me well inside the relationship, nothing he could do after it was over was going to make me change my mind.

Same here DalM0m, no amount of persuasion would ever have gotten me to return to an ex.

It would make me happy if my ex moved on. If I still loved him (non-romantically of course) I would be happy because I would want him to be happy. If I "hated" him because he became stalkerish and all that crap, I would be happy because it would mean he would stop stalking me. If *he* broke up with *me* rather than vice-versa, I would want to know nothing about him so I wouldn't know or care either way.

It really depends on how far he's pushed me beforehand. I think there's a line where after you pass it there's nothing that will make you attractive again

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have no attraction to any of my exes. I am friends with most of them, but the feeling is 100% platonic. I know all the worst parts of their personality (the side that comes out in a relationship usually) which is what completely kills (and I mean DESTROYS) the attraction. Being friends means you can just enjoy the good stuff. Laughs and what not. I mean, there was obviously some part of their personality you liked that caused you to fall for them in the first place.

Sometimes good friendships are ruined by misplaced feelings, I find.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

It really depends on the kind of relationship you have. I can imagine if there is still love you can return to your ex. However, in most cases, the break-up happens for a reason.