+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Abusive relationship

Abusive relationship

So some of you may remember me from a few months ago as coming out of a relationship and then getting into a abusive realtionship and a lot of you told me i deserved it for being so weak.

well i tried many times to get out of that relationship but failed, yes i was weak. but i have finally done it and after being physically and verbally abused, had money stolen from me and more i have reported him to the police.

This is for anyone who has been through something like this, i know and understand its not as easy as people think to get out of.

i am now happy on my own and that is how i want it for a long time now!

Ruby

Yay!!!!!!!!

Personally, I would never tell you that you deserve it. I know how hard it is to leave an abusive relationship. A lot of time you really are scared to leave because the man gets all in your head and scare you mentally. Its not so much as the ass whipping but more so of the mental abuse. If people haven't really been in the situation, they don't understand how hard it is and how scared you be to leave the person. If you have someone telling you that you're nothing, their going to hurt you when you leave and your family etc. (I'm not talking about your average Joe, I'm referring to the real nut jobs because they do exist and they will hurt you), also that no one loves you but them and you're not attractive. Eventually if you hear it enough you will believe it. People don't get it but I do because I have seen it.

Good for you baby girl and don't ever let his punk ass back in.

Good on ya!!!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good for you, and I totally don't understand anyone saying you deserve it. No one deserves abuse. It's exceptionally hard to make the decision to leave in cases of abuse, and everyone seems to think you should just be able to pick up and walk out like it's no thing. The people that say that haven't been in that situation. I think it is extremely frustrating from an outside perspective to watch people get abused, who KNOW they are being treated poorly and yet can't will themselves to leave.

Just revel in this new found freedom and remind yourself how good it feels every day. Hopefully you've learned to spot abusive behaviours in a person before you get into another relationship. In the meantime, enjoy being single and having that negativity out of your life, I promise you'll never regret it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

No one deserves to be abused. Ever.

In an abusive relationship, sometimes it can be hard to walk away because you are not strong enough & the other person continues to make you feel like it's your fault even when it's not.

Congratulations on finally getting out. That's a huge victory. Good for you!

Take some time to sort through the past few months (years?) because it seems like you have been through a lot. Nurture yourself. Then when you're ready you can figure out what's next for you.