+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women lying

Women lying

So was talking to my ex and she said she was going somewhere to look at schools. I asked her if she was staying with her ex and she said no he doesn't live there...but I had seen on FB that the guy lives there. I said to her that I though that she had said that he worked there have a good trip. Her response is bye the plane is leaving ttyl. So I guess my question is:
    1)why lie about it in the first place? Especially because at this point I don't care who she hangs out with as I don't really want her back
    2) why not just fess up to the lie when she figured out I knew what was going on?
    3) does she really think I'm that dumb?

Anyways I shouldn't care much about it. I could careless about what she is doing but don't get why you would lie to someone about it who is supposedly your friend. Any ideas?

I guess she views you more as an ex than a friend and doesn't want you privy to the goings on in her life. I'd say it's time to leave her in the past.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I guess she views you more as an ex than a friend and doesn't want you privy to the goings on in her life. I'd say it's time to leave her in the past.
    Thanks for the reply...find this interesting as just last week had talked about all kinds of things going on in her life and she was very open about lots of different things including some quite private. I do agree though best to probably leave her to be. I guess I just don't understand why she would even respond as about a quarter of the time she just avoids responding
    Last edited by Zander1ni; 26-10-13 at 05:27 AM.

Ahhh...if she's avoiding responding frequently - it really is time to leave her be.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Ahhh...if she's avoiding responding frequently - it really is time to leave her be.
    I wouldn't say she frequently avoids responding...it's quite random sometimes but when she does respond usually it is very normal. I would think that if she didn't want me to know something she would just avoid response all together. I could be wrong though

She lied to say "It's none of your business" in an indirect way. Even friends don't always want to discuss things that are personal.

If you don't care who she hangs out with, why even ask her about it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    She lied to say "It's none of your business" in an indirect way. Even friends don't always want to discuss things that are personal.

If you don't care who she hangs out with, why even ask her about it in the first place?
    Makes sense but doesn't make it right. I am wrong in thinking it would've been better for her to not respond? Anyways I only asked because of what we were talking about. Although I don't like the guy I am in no position to judge who she hangs out with or what she does hence why I really don't care. I'm not bothered by what she is doing but about her lying

Quote Originally Posted by Zander1ni View Post
    I could careless about what she is doing but don't get why you would lie to someone about it who is supposedly your friend.
    You're deluding yourself. Clearly you're not over her because:
    1. Your pestering her about personal private stuff thats' none of your business.
    2. You're still in contact with her - why? It's over. Finished. Deal with it.
    3. You're posting here about it - so it's clearly on your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zander1ni View Post
    Makes sense but doesn't make it right. I am wrong in thinking it would've been better for her to not respond? Anyways I only asked because of what we were talking about. Although I don't like the guy I am in no position to judge who she hangs out with or what she does hence why I really don't care. I'm not bothered by what she is doing but about her lying
    Lying is easier than being honest. Lying is easier than saying "it's none of your business". Is it right to lie? No. But if she no longer cares enough to worry about whether or not she's honest with you, lying would be the option to take.

Mate, it really is time to leave her in your past.

You must have OCD or something because most people would have just blown it off and moved on.

Lying is easier than being honest. Lying is easier than saying "it's none of your business". Is it right to lie? No. But if she no longer cares enough to worry about whether or not she's honest with you, lying would be the option to take.

This is true because I have been guilty of it in the past. Lots of times people will ignore the words, it isn't any of your business and just kept on asking and asking so you go another route to maintain your privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by joanna1 View Post
    This is true because I have been guilty of it in the past. Lots of times people will ignore the words, it isn't any of your business and just kept on asking and asking so you go another route to maintain your privacy.
    I agree with this....I havent been poking and prodding and pushing for info though which is why it is interesting. Like others in this thread have said time to move on from her and her issues

Yep. A lot of people have a problem with direct communication. I know I used to, and now I come off often as too blunt.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Yep. A lot of people have a problem with direct communication. I know I used to, and now I come off often as too blunt.
    Agreed...this person seems to. I figure it's better to upfront and blunt about things than not communicate.

And to basilandthyme by your logic if someone didn't care enough to be honest why would they care enough to respond?

Definitely agree with the above post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast