+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why am I so unpopular with the ladies?

So many girls are vain nowadays.

What I mean is that if you are ugly and poor many girls would not even give you a chance.

Modesty is an nice quality in a woman and I think it is one that should be appreciated.

Also according to the bible, vanity is one of the 7 deadly sins because it can actually kill.

So many people are vain these days. Men and women both. But beauty if very relative. Somebody one person finds ugly, to another person may be the most attractive person they have ever seen. Then, there are people who are more attracted to somebody for who they are, and not how they look. The type of person who couldn't care much less how you look, they wind up finding good people more attractive. Sure, they are few and far between these days, but they are out there.

On the subject of not giving a poor guy a chance..... Is it truly wrong to want a man who has a half decent education, a bit of ambition and good work ethic? Because this is the main requirement of not being 'poor'. Or perhaps he's got all of the above but has extremely poor money management skills. Again, not a quality I'd want in a guy.

I've never been one to seek a wealthy partner, but I sure wouldn't bother with a guy who wasn't appropriately financially secure for his age. Even when I was in my early 20's, I knew how to work and save and wouldn't date a guy who lived hand to mouth.

Yes, it's unfortunate for those guys who are born into a low socio economic environment and have had poor role modelling - but that's just how life is.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    So many people are vain these days. Men and women both. But beauty if very relative. Somebody one person finds ugly, to another person may be the most attractive person they have ever seen. Then, there are people who are more attracted to somebody for who they are, and not how they look. The type of person who couldn't care much less how you look, they wind up finding good people more attractive. Sure, they are few and far between these days, but they are out there.
    Beauty is not relative. There are certain standards of beauty which all people can agree on. Some people will be just considered undesirable to all people. Also some people are not very liked by society in which they live in and I realize that.

Also if beauty was so relative as many people say then I would have found a girlfriend by now but the fact is I'm already 28 years old and it just isn't happening.
    Last edited by uri; 05-12-13 at 02:58 AM.

You need some inside beauty first. What is your dreams? What are you doing to achieve them?

When you have these things in place you will have some inner confidence and respect for yourself. It will infect other people too with the same. When you believe in yourself you are forcing others to believe in you.

Knew this girl. She was all nice and pretty but she didnt had much money and no outher confidence. She attracted guys like a magnet cause she didnt walk like queen but just was nice and humble, very friendly. She made the right choices in life, avoided negative people and was able to be very beautiful and afectionate when she wanted to.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 05-12-13 at 04:15 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I would say your problem may not be that you are not popular with the ladies but maybe you need to focus on one? I know there are guys out there that can get any girl they want but for someone like me, you need to think about what you want, what you have to give and understand that one girl could change your life but all of them could ruin you haha.

Seriously though it's one day at a time. And since you are not a magnet you gotta work those talking skills of yours. I was never girlfriendless my whole life because no matter how scrawny I am I will always talk to everyone and I manage to make them smile.

Point being the more you focus on it the less successful you are going to be. Focus on you and everything will build around you!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames View Post
    I am a 47 year old guy, but last weekend I slept with three different girls who are 26, 28 and 30 years old.
    Yuck. Not the age differnece per se, but the fact that you are boasting about them being younger.

Quote Originally Posted by uri View Post
    Also according to the bible, vanity is one of the 7 deadly sins because it can actually kill.
    This religious nonsense is probably part of the reason why people don't like you...

Main reason being your lack of self-esteem and pessimistic, depressing outlook on life.

Focus on yourself. Make yourself happy. You don't need anyone else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123