+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Darkshire View Post
    It's obvious he has an infactuation with you emotionally. My guess he saw this friendship as more. When the answer came back as a no, the reality of it really hit home for him...He has backed off to help divert his feelings for you. Give him his space, so he can move on.
    Yep... exactly what I thought. Reality intersected with fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    has he visited you in the past and why he thought asking again was ok, or was the first time he ever asked? is your husband jealous of him, do you have an attraction to him? why would he call your talk a 'playdate' that sounds odd to me, like he thinks you are immature or is it because you both flirt when you talk?
    He has not visited before, never even mentioned it until now, and frankly I thought he was joking at first. But then it seemed he was seriously thinking about it, until I told him no.

I have no idea why he said "playdate", I thought that was weird too.

Why would you think your best friend would be joking about coming to visit you? What's so strange about your best friend coming to visit you?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Why would you think your best friend would be joking about coming to visit you? What's so strange about your best friend coming to visit you?
    Well the fact that he lives across the country, the fact that we have a chatting relationship and that I'm married, not to mention he hates to drive (has said this many times).

Quote Originally Posted by blue102 View Post
    Well the fact that he lives across the country, not to mention he hates to drive (has said this many times).
    But it's your best friend we're talking about, best friends enjoy seeing each other so they would naturally sacrifice part of their money and time (provided they had enough) to spend time with each other - especially if they live far away from each other.

the fact that we have a chatting relationship
    What does this mean? Do you mean that you two have never actually met in real life? And you call a man you've never even spent actual time with your "best friend"?

and that I'm married
    Again - what does the fact that you're married have to do with your friendship with your best friend? I have close friends and the fact that I'm in a relationship has nothing to do with it. There's nothing weird about having close friends visit you while you're married, per se.

What does this mean? Do you mean that you two have never actually met in real life? And you call a man you've never even spent actual time with your "best friend"?
    Yep, never met in real life. We met on a forum about a hobby we share.

Again - what does the fact that you're married have to do with your friendship with your best friend? I have close friends and the fact that I'm in a relationship has nothing to do with it. There's nothing weird about having close friends visit you while you're married, per se.
    I don't know why but he seems to have a hangup about it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue102 View Post
    I don't know why but he seems to have a hangup about it.
    But why does it seem weird to you?

And why would you become so emotionally involved with a guy you've never even met, to the point of considering him your "best friend", over your own husband?

And why would you become so emotionally involved with a guy you've never even met, to the point of considering him your "best friend", over your own husband?
    Besides my husband, he's my best guy friend. I also have a best girl friend who is not my husband.

Again: why would it seem weird to you due to the fact that you are married?

Again: why would it seem weird to you due to the fact that you are married?
    Because he's an internet best friend. And my hub doesn't want me to meet internet guys.

So you have no problem referring to an interned friend as "your best friend", but you think it's weird to meet him in real life. I understand that your husband doesn't want you to meet him, but I still don't get why you think it's weird.

So you have no problem referring to an interned friend as "your best friend", but you think it's weird to meet him in real life. I understand that your husband doesn't want you to meet him, but I still don't get why you think it's weird.
    I would like to meet him, but the fact that my husband is against it makes it weird

I don't buy it. I think you are very much aware of the flirting that's been going on between you two, and you know perfectly well why both your "best friend" and your husband are upset about the situation. Stop pretending like you don't know, it's pointless anyway.

Cut off contact with this guy and next time don't become so emotionally involved with a guy other than your husband.

dont care for the ones who doesnt care u

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast