+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does it sound like this guy was being genuine?

Does it sound like this guy was being genuine?

Okay so it's obvious he likes me... He doesn't say it but you can kind of just tell. And I have known him for awhile, and but I barely see him. My grandfather died an he came to the viewing. Oh and by the way we are both 15. After the viewing he texts me to ask if I'm okay and says he's always here for me. I say thanks, and then he says this to me "it's no big deal. U looked beautiful tonight haha😜😍" and then of course that made me feel a thousand times better. I said thanks and but I didn't know if he was being genuine, and then he said, "I know. I'm just that nice cool guy (his name)😎" and then I said yeah sure whatever lol. And then he said "haha but really I walked in and I was like 😍😍😍😍😍😍" Lol and he has complimented me before, but has never called me BEAUTIFUL before. Do u think he meant it, or was just saying it to help me feel better bc of my loss, or both, even though it was through text. Give me honest answers guys, if you sent a girl this, would you mean it? I don't know what to think.

Yes, why? ......

To be honest, why do you need to be all excited over someone calling you beautiful ?
    He is being genuine, but he is attracted to the person that you are, and you looks can be different to someone else.
    Appearance makes us approach you, but it's your character that makes us interested, remember that.
    A girl can be the most beautiful thing in the world, but if her personality is pretty shitty and and she doesn't respect people, why should I be around someone like that ? I would easily not continue, and the wait for someone else would be better than sticking with a person like that.
    Your only 15, so don't let it get to your head, just use this time to experiment your emotional, as we don't know how long it will last between you two, as things change when you are at different schools going into university and priorities are way more important to get a good career.

Why would he say that he thought you looked beautiful if he didn't really think so? He's hitting on you, so clearly he is attracted to you. Stop asking him if he really meant it and just accept the compliment. You might tell him "you looked cute too " or something: you can flirt back if you like him.

Of course I'm going to get all excited over someone calling me beautiful! I know maybe I shouldn't, but I'm a girl and beautiful to me is one of the best compliments a girl can get... Instead of hot or pretty or etc. and I know I really tend to over think things, but I can't help it

Also, so are you saying that by saying this, he meant he thinks all of me is beautiful, inside and out?? Or was he just saying that my LOOKS are beautiful. Because you are right... Looks will get you no where in a relationship, but now I'm wondering what he meant by calling me beautiful, cuz we do know each other pretty we'll and know each other's personalities.

I'd say -- both. But even if he said it also to make you feel better fact he wanted to make you feel better says only good things about the dude.

Maybe because you are grieving you are being distrustful? don't be I doubt he had bad motives at all.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia51423 View Post
    Of course I'm going to get all excited over someone calling me beautiful! I know maybe I shouldn't, but I'm a girl and beautiful to me is one of the best compliments a girl can get... Instead of hot or pretty or etc. and I know I really tend to over think things, but I can't help it

Also, so are you saying that by saying this, he meant he thinks all of me is beautiful, inside and out?? Or was he just saying that my LOOKS are beautiful. Because you are right... Looks will get you no where in a relationship, but now I'm wondering what he meant by calling me beautiful, cuz we do know each other pretty we'll and know each other's personalities.
    How the heck would we know if he meant beautiful on the inside? Instead of asking him if he *really meant it*, go out with him, get to know him even better, and you should be able to understand pretty quickly whether he likes you for you, or if he just wants to sleep with you.

I wouldn't go anywhere near a funeral unless I cared for the person/family involved. Sounds very much like he's being genuine. Saying you're beautiful to someone who just lost their grandfather would only really happen if there was serious interest. Condolences on your loss by the way.

He's just throwing it out there to see if it sticks. Since this made an impression on you, I think you should show him in some way that it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia51423 View Post
    I can see where Kromat is coming from. Yes, being called beautiful is a nice comment - but if we're talking about the best compliments a girl can get, I'd say that a compliment on your personality would have far more meaning than a compliment on your outer shell.

Beauty may attract someone initially - but it's your personality which keeps him interested
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.