+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I wait?

Should I wait?

I'm not sure what to do. I've been with H. for a year and a half now and things are amazing. For Valentine's day he gave me a promise ring. About a month ago, we were talking about something and his mom said that all the (his last name) had to be there. I looked at him, and I said have fun. He looked at me funny and said what do you mean and I said well I'm not a (his last name) therefore I'm not invited. He then looked at me and said not yet. So I have a feeling a proposal is coming, just not sure when.

Here is my dilemma, I have found the perfect wedding dress, it is absolutely beautiful and I'm unsure if I should buy it or not. And I'm worried that if I do, I will jinx the whole thing.

What to do?

Thanks.

You should definitely buy the dress now before someone else does.

You are ****in nuts.

I already knew I was nuts, you didn't have to tell me :p

Don't buy it but write down the name, manufacturer & style # so you can find it easily when the time comes. Who knows, by then you may have changed your mind or better yet, the price wll come down.

Don't even *think* about dresses until you've had a proposal, secured a date and decided on the type of wedding you both want.

Imagine getting all excited over one style of dress only to find that it's not suitable for the type of wedding you end up agreeing to have. Even worse, imagine getting excited over a dress and having him not propose at all.

I think it's really worth tackling this in the correct order.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What DalMom said. No dress before a proposal. That's crazy talk.

Promise rings unfortunately don't mean much, I can't tell you how many of my friends got them (and myself) and it never panned out; it's usually something a really young guy does. Grown up men don't resort to such frivolties, they just propose.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

You are not thinking about the dress right now. You should talk with him about the whole situation. Everything gonna be alright. Best of luck.

Good job she's not rushing things. Why not buy baby clothes whilst you're out shopping?

Putting the cart before the horse unless you like wearing wedding dresses. I know you are anxious but I definitely would wait for the proposal. Relax and enjoy yourself.

You need to wait. Enjoy the ride as it happens besides chances are by the time your wedding rolls around you will have gone through 7879758979 other dresses... SERIOUSLY. So much will come in to play. If you buy a dress now your WHOLE wedding will need to be planned around it. Just sit tight, it will be more exciting that way.

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Kinda putting the cart before the horse arent you? Like someone mentioned earlier write the manufacturer name and the model number down of the dress.

That's messed up. You put him on the spot by saying "Have fun!" in that context and then you started fantasizing about him proposing to you. Based on this one post alone, I really don't think he intends to propose to you anytime soon... it actually sounds like you're going to try and pressure him into it. Not good! Marriage is something you need to ease into. Let it happen on its own, and try to avoid putting him on the spot like that again.

So WAIT, life sometimes changes extremely fast and above all expectations, even if we think everything is established..

I won't buy the dress just yet. I would wait until he ask you that big question. I found a dress before I got asked and ended up not getting it because it was the wrong type of dress for my wedding since it was a fall dress and I got married in the spring. You don't want to get the wrong type of dress for your wedding. In my opinion, if you buy the dress before he ask and he finds it you might freak him out.

I agree you should not buy before his proposal