+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Another relationship ended....

Another relationship ended....

So tonight my year long relationship has ended, we had a rough patch a few weeks ago but everything since then was good, so not sure why, but just feeling really down and lost at the moment.

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Bess sometimes all you need is a break from each other. Dont give up hope but take some time away from your s/o and do what you have to do to get past the break up. It hurts I know, (Im going through the same thing) but time heals all and before you know it it'll all be good

Don't dwell on it. Keep your head and hopes up and focus on keeping yourself busy with other things

Thanks to both of you and I am keeping busy, I just don't understand where it came from because the two days before that we saw each other, everything was good. I haven't even had an explanation which makes it harder.

It sounds like there was a little fallout leftover from the rough patch you mentioned. I'd say leave it at that. Don't go back and try to analyze what happened and try to look at it from a positive light.

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Bessie, yesterday I started putting my things away that I retrieved from her house and it hit me... its over, she's gone. Today I keep asking myself "why" but in reality it doesnt matter. The woman that I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with is gone and the person you thought you would spend more time with isnt going to be there for you. I realize this hurts as Im about ready to get emotional at this moment but we cant make someone love us, we have to accept that what we had is over and now its time to pick up the pieces of our lives and move forward.

You're so right tug, you really are, it sucks but it's about us accepting the facts even though we don't want to. I thought we were going to be together until we got old, I let him in to an already bruised and battered heart.

Quote Originally Posted by bessieb View Post
    I thought we were going to be together until we got old
    Yep, life is nothing like that Disney film promised. . So try to work out why it went wrong and make sure next time you make fewer mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Yep, life is nothing like that Disney film promised. . So try to work out why it went wrong and make sure next time you make fewer mistakes.
    I'd love to but he's not talking to me at the moment, so I can't figure it out, maybe I never will and I'll just have to work though it on my own.

After a while it eases over. Just hold on to ur pride ur a smart nice n beautiful person. N if u loved someone so much n they walked away it's their loss. U just got lucky n single again for the right person who will love u like crazy.
    It's a crazy thing but as time passes u will realize ur value to the world. Mean while go get ur old homies n gfs and friends back. They help out a lot. Oh n my gf left me cuz I wasn't prefect. Well I was broken n know I realize she wasn't prefect either no one is. Love is funny crap. Plizzzzz start talking to a stranger who knows nothing about u. It's interesting n keeps things of ur mind and do something awesome for urself or daring.

I think most of relationships come to a point of severe lack of communication, both come to be bored, to lose feelings and to get involved in this type of situations that they accept until nothing can be done, why donīt speak about all this at the good moment and when you notice that things go bad so quickly? Why waiting so much and donīt speak of all these at the perfect moment, maybe by fear, maybe by shy, or by what?

Everything will be okay. Rough patches happen in every relationship. Just don't think about it