+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ugh new here.

Ugh new here.

Oh where do I begin?

Hi I'm Alyssa. I'm 23 years old and just got my heartbroken. Why else would I be here, right? Here's the scoop. I was more than half way thru with our wedding planning. We had been together for almost 3 years, engaged for half of that time. We had all the odds against us. Long distance- California to Alberta Canada & our younger age. We were best friends & I THOUGHT soulmates. We honestly had no problems and everyone (including myself) thought we had the perfect relationship. Tuesday night I found out that he didn't love me anymore. That he had doubts for the last 2-3 months and realized he didn't love me a few weeks ago. I was just visiting 3 weeks ago. He didn't love me then and I had no idea. His family had a bridal shower for me, we talked about moving, etc. Completely out of the blue to find this. I feel like my future is gone. I don't have one anymore. The wedding of my dreams gone. My future in-laws & siblings gone. My future children with him gone. The hardest part is I CAN'T HATE HIM. I understand you don't have control over your feelings. If he fell out of love with me, it's terrible and not anyone's fault. I obviously don't like the fact he kept it in so long. He was trying not to hurt me and thought he could fix his feelings on his own. Didn't turn out that way. I figured I need to find somewhere to talk and express my feelings. It's hard to talk to family and friends all the time.

Hi alyssa_nicole and welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion! Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Oh sweety, that is so rough. But it is better to find out now, than after the wedding, then it would be even worse. The best thing for you to do is WHATEVER you can do to feel better. The less you contact him the faster you will get over it. Cry, take a lot of baths, sleep if you need to get a reset. When you are sleeping you won't think about it. So if you feel really bummed out take a nice nap. His stringing you along didn't help and there isn't much you can do, except do your best to feel good. And don't try to contact him and keep your options open to other men, and the possibility of an amazing partner for you in the future!
    </snip>

You will get through this. Use this board as a resource. Better now then after you married.

that's rough . Hope you find a way to get through this

I think is for lack of communication, sincere communication with your partner, I mean communication can solve a lot, if true..

Date local.

Honey, think that most of us have been there too. I know how you feel. I was engaged when she left me. But it's just a history from my past right now. All will pass believe me.

Thank you everyone. It's nice to hear positive words. I do realize it's a good thing that it happened now and not after we got married. Luckily I've gotten help at work by our QRA Practitioner. If you haven't heard of them, you should. Absolutely amazing! I'm obviously still upset all of this happened and wish I could change it, but my mood is better. I don't feel like such a zombie 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Date local.

Psh if it was that simple, I would haven't been dating online since I was 16. Distance wasn't our problem. We had that nailed down. I do wonder though if we would have been living closer if it would have ended sooner. We were always excited to see each other, so maybe part of it was the excitement ended for him.

"Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you" - Charlotte Whitton

Your journey has just begun. :-)

((Big Hugs)) I had my heart broken in what seems like a billion pieces when I found out the man I love for 5 years was using my name to play online poker.. We had a long distance relationship as well.. we meet in were in the same country for 3 years & long distance for 2 years... You'll be fine... I still have my moments & I'm learning to deal with it but I needed to walk away bc he also used my mom's Visa card behind our back to play poker.. You seem to have a very positive attitude towards this all.. Life will lead you where you need to be & watch you think you were in love now, the next guy you are serious with you'll be like "wow, now this is what love is" =)
    “Live Simply So Others May Simply Live,” Gandhi