+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are you GUYS so afraid to start DANCING ?

Why are you GUYS so afraid to start DANCING ?

It has so many benefits, like being a part of your cardio, improves your confidence around women, builds self-esteem, that it boggles my mind how a majority of you avoid it.

You wont be masculine enough? or is it too much of a challenge ?

I personally can't wait to share this hobby with a girlfriend that i'll look for in the future, and she has to be willing to at least want to learn it, or i don't think we will go far, as i can't see myself leaving it behind, with all the time i spent to learn it.

I'm not the best by any stretch, but at least i am having fun with it,
    and can see sometimes that the girl is enjoying it as well.

This was ZOUK, which was a new dance to me, and i only spent about 2-3 hours learning 4-5 moves and the rest was improvised.

This is an attempt at SALSA which is a new world after spending lots of years learning Cha Cha / Rumba / Samba / Jive / English Waltz / Tango / Quick Step / Foxtrot / Viennese Waltz / etc., but i have improved since this video, but still have lots to learn and practice.

Not everyone enjoys the same things

I mean, to me, dancing is a little ( actually a lot) ridiculous looking. People jumping around to music.....I just don't get it or see the enjoyment. Keep working on the salsa moves skipper!

Good way to meet women though....that tall brunette Is fine
    Last edited by surfhb2; 04-11-13 at 09:49 PM.

I dont dance - I don't see the point in moving in a certain way because that's the way it's done - far too regimented for me. If you want to get fit stop dancing - that's for sad old people - try running if you really want to get your cardiovascular system going.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I dont dance - I don't see the point in moving in a certain way because that's the way it's done - far too regimented for me. If you want to get fit stop dancing - that's for sad old people - try running if you really want to get your cardiovascular system going.
    do running ? I jog, exercise at home, bike 1 hour a day, walk about 30-60 minutes a day, hike sometimes, swim if it calls for it, soon skiing, etc.
    Dancing is still a great cardio workout, and most of you are saying it's silly because your an outsider looking in and haven't spent the time to try or improve enough to enjoy it.
    There's a lot of hand-eye co-ordination, getting a feel for the music, so you are dancing properly, make sure your lead is good, posture, etc.
    It's quite challenging, and your always trying to improve, plus if you start a new style, there's even more to do.
    It's a life long hobby, and I am happy that I am continuing it to this day.
    I would rather go to a social then hang around any phony drinking nightclub people.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 05-11-13 at 04:47 AM.

I did lost the fear of if: Just learned west coast and now moving to Samba...My girl and I...

Because I'm afraid I would make a fool of myself lol... but no, I usually have no problem with dancing. I don't think it's a feminine thing either but I can understand if some dudes may hesitate because of the aforementioned reason.

I like to dance but only because when I do I get this feeling like all the ladies are watching me and going "mmmh, I bet that guy fucks like an animal". Otherwise I wouldn't bother with it.

It depends on your culture. My family is from the Carribean and I grew up dancing and appreciating good reggae, soca, etc. I just need to get better at salsa since I have an affinity for Latin women.

Plus, some people have no rhythm because they only hear the beat. To be on point you have to feel it.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 06-11-13 at 12:25 PM.

I would like to respond to your question from a different point of view. I think some guys don't like to dance because they may have fear of embarrassment - it may hurt their ego if they don't get it right. It could just make them highly uncomfortable to not instantly succeed at something.... Just my two cents.

A lot of people don't like to dance because they don't know how, and don't want to look ridiculous. Duh.

Perhaps they prefer drinking with their mates?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinedalone13 View Post
    I would like to respond to your question from a different point of view. I think some guys don't like to dance because they may have fear of embarrassment - it may hurt their ego if they don't get it right. It could just make them highly uncomfortable to not instantly succeed at something.... Just my two cents.
    I still don't get everything right the first time, but I keep at it, so that I am comfortable.
    Women love it when a guy can just go out there and have a fun time, regardless if he thinks he'll embarrass himself.
    I had a former buddy where he would rather just go drinking than try of the activities that I suggest that would benefit him and now we haven't talked since the last week of September and a bunch of our friends met me that day, but he always has some lame ass excuses as to why he wont go.
    I tried to give him a chance and was very honest about certain things he should fix about himself, but of course he never listens, so I didn't need such negativity in my life, so we cut ties.

Most guys probably do not think they are good dancers, and don't want to go out their by themselves.

Most guys lack the confidence to dance. Women are attracted to confidence, so the willingness to dance, even badly, is a definite advantage for a guy looking to meet women.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast