+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does it mean when a guy gets distant?

What does it mean when a guy gets distant?

Okay so I know I am basing this off of a very small frame of time, but I have to wonder...
    Ok so there is this guy and we both like each other, and yesterday when we were texting he was extra romantic and flirty... Like more then he has ever been before. He told me things so openly it was shocking. This lead me to believe he has really fallen for me or really likes me. But today, he wasn't texting me so I texted him first bc I haven't in a while. He replied and we started talking. I tried to make the convo interesting but he kept being really short. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was "thinking" and so I ask him what he is thinking about... And then right after that he said "gtg"!! Did he feel threatened by me asking what he was thinking or something?! Or do you think he was just busy. Or is he annoyed. How do I act when he goes from completely 100% interest to 0% interest... It's frustrating.

Sounds like a gender barrier to me. Most guys I know do this without thinking twice, it means nothing to us and as far as we're concerned there is nothing to read into. When you read things like "he has 0% interest" and "he felt threatened by me asking what he was thinking" into things like this you are speaking a language that the male brain interprets as a bunch of random 1's and 0's.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 05-11-13 at 06:00 PM.

Julia, you're making a lot of assumptions. First, if a person tells you intimate things openly, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are falling for you. It could equally mean that he's just one of those who 'over shares'. Second, if a person isn't in a position to text, it doesn't mean that they are pulling away. He could very well have been doing something which he didn't want interrupted.

My best advice is this: gauge his interest by how much face to face time he wants to spend with you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    Sounds like a gender barrier to me. Most guys I know do this without thinking twice, it means nothing to us and as far as we're concerned there is nothing to read into. When you read things like "he has 0% interest" and "he felt threatened by me asking what he was thinking" into things like this you are speaking a language that the male brain interprets as a bunch of random 1's and 0's.
    Nope it's not gender barrier..... I'm a woman and it registered as 1s and 0s here too. Instead, I'm chalking it up to over analysing.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I think that it's normal for guys to blow hot and cold. He probably felt weird about opening up to you and now he's trying to distance himself. Consider it a red flag.