+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend f*** buddies...Did I do it right??

Girlfriend f*** buddies...Did I do it right??

Fellows,
    Give me a hand here...
    I have met this girl that I really like. We went out a couple of times and then started dating. After some time, we had the talk about ex´s.
    Before she met me, she was going out with this guy…after 3-4 months, she broke up with him because he did not want anything with her. Then she went on a short “killing spree” phase => she met 3 guys, 3 big friends…She started seeing 1…slept with him and then he said to her that he was not looking for any relationship at the moment…then she got mad about it and looked for the second friend…slept with him at room in party…then the guy said he was not looking for any relationship at the moment…then she went back to the first one and slept with him again…the third one was crazy after ( probably to try to get some as well)….then she met me…
    So far…nothing I could to about it since I did not meet her at the time…
    Then comes the question: after we start dating, on specific day, she said there was a party at the house of one of those 3 friends ( I did not know of the story at that point)…right after she invited me to go she told me the whole story…Then I said no…
    I don´t know if I did it right…
    But I am still not sure if I did it right….I am not complaining about what she did it….I am complaining why keeping them as a friend and WHY introduce me to them…
    Have this happened to you? What did you do?

I don't think there's right or wrong here. Some`people feel comfortable introducing their partners to their ex-es, the same way some people wouldn't mind going to a party held by their partner's ex, but I think they are a minority. Most people like to keep a certain distance to their ex-es and their partners' ex-es. It really is about taking the decision that makes you feel comfortable.

If you would like to avoid this kind of situations in the future, maybe you should speak with your girlfriend about it and also that you'd feel more comfortable if she didn't keep a close relationship to her ex-boyfriends. I know that sometimes we expect the other one to perceive us and simply do or don't do certain things but communication can avoid so much unnecessary confusion. Speaking openly about things and establishing certain boundaries together it's actually a sign of strength for each partner and as a couple too.

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    I don't think there's right or wrong here. Some`people feel comfortable introducing their partners to their ex-es, the same way some people wouldn't mind going to a party held by their partner's ex, but I think they are a minority. Most people like to keep a certain distance to their ex-es and their partners' ex-es. It really is about taking the decision that makes you feel comfortable.

If you would like to avoid this kind of situations in the future, maybe you should speak with your girlfriend about it and also that you'd feel more comfortable if she didn't keep a close relationship to her ex-boyfriends. I know that sometimes we expect the other one to perceive us and simply do or don't do certain things but communication can avoid so much unnecessary confusion. Speaking openly about things and establishing certain boundaries together it's actually a sign of strength for each partner and as a couple too.
    They are not ex´s...I would be less concerned ( but still concerned) if they were past boyfriends...she slept with them and that´s all...if she forgot them that would be ok...but that´s not the case...I believe that is a man thing