+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15 posts to create a new thread

Is it back or isn't? Cause I can see a lot of pointless posts, newbies bumping old threads, and it's very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Is it back or isn't? Cause I can see a lot of pointless posts, newbies bumping old threads, and it's very annoying.
    Yea, I saw michelle bump a post where the OP hadn't been around for over a month. So I think the problem exists whether there is a post limit or not.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I'm talking about really old threads being bumped, lots of them all together, by new members.

Name:  dec 9.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  88.9 KB
    This is the kind of thing I'm referring to - and she isn't even one of the "bad" ones.

The newbies are doing to because they now HAVE to post. This rule actually creates more havoc then it stops. Forcing a newbie to make 5 or 15 posts for help means they'll go digging wherever they can.

I recommend ending the post requirement altogether, but it is up to LA to make those moves.

I agree, OtF, that's the point of this thread. He had actually removed the rule a while back, but it seems like he's now reintroduced it for some reason. It's so annoying.

Its to protect forum from spammers. You need certain count of posts before allowed to post a link.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

The link thing is understandable, but here we're talking about having to post 15 times before being able to open a new thread. It's pointless and it leads to annoying useless posts... people that come here want to be able to ask their question right away.

Well as long as the report button is still functioning then we can get rid of them after one post.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Spammers, yes, but normal newbies who come here seeking advice and are forced to post 15 pointless replies in order to be able to start a new thread shouldn't have to be reported.

Oh well, I think 15 is excessive but I understand why the rule is in place. Anyway... I was only talking about the spammers. There would be no reason to report a perfectly good opening post.

Just having the view *I* have should get the rule removed. lmao.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12