+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 posts to create a new thread

15 posts to create a new thread

Hi all,

I feel that the posting rule of having 15 posts before having the option to create a new thread is too much?

Here are my reasons:

1. I believe people came looking for this forum because their in need of some love help/advices etc, and by not having the opportunity to speak their minds after registering is not good at all.

2. The rule forces people to give crappy replies just to hit the 15 posts where some members reply for the sake of replying, just to hit the post count which ultimately lead to no genuine advice.

Maybe the admins could try lowering the limit to 10 posts or better yet, abolish the rule?

Echoing the thoughts of Bob. I wondered why newbies had been making a series of useless comments (or worse, dredging up old threads)...and now I know why.

Personally, I'd rather respond to someone who's not contributing than have the board flooded with crappy comments.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I just joined and I am hurting and have noone to turn to. I registered to this site for help/advice/comfort/perspective. But now I must find 15 posts to respond to in order to post what I am going through... It's not that I don't want to offer my own help/advice/comfort/perspective but, it's difficult when I can't see through my own misery. I would like to contribute, but it's very difficult when I am so broken right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    Hi all,

I feel that the posting rule of having 15 posts before having the option to create a new thread is too much?
    May you tell us how you did? Because according what I can see you have got only 3 post and you're allowed to start a thread.

Thanks you for your feedback.
    The purpose is to encourage members to help fellow members.

We have lower down the minimum requirement to 5 posts.

Hope this make thing better for new member.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

So now we're seeing 5 lame posts from newbies.....
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    Thanks you for your feedback.
    The purpose is to encourage members to help fellow members.

We have lower down the minimum requirement to 5 posts.

Hope this make thing better for new member.
    Thank you for the swift response admin.

Glad that you took my suggestion into consideration!

★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...somewhere   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .  * :. . ¸ . ● ¸    ★  ★☾ °★ .     .  °☆  . ● ¸ .   ★ ° .  • ○ ° ★  .       * .  ☾ °  ¸. ...in this universe* ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ °★  .  * .      .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸.● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...someone   ° ☾ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * .      .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸.● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ .    ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .  * :. . ¸ . ● ¸    ★  ★☾ °★ .   ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * .    ...gives a fu☾k   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸.● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ .    ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   ..
    Last edited by pcmaster; 07-11-13 at 12:18 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

That must be why that markspring___ something-something poster kept typing the same phrase over and over after posts, I thought it was a bot O_o

In such delicate matters people must feel that they want to say a few words and help and not that they are being made to. Just my opinion. Then if joining a forum or posting a question is not an easy and quick process, most people will just look for another forum that gives them those quick and simple options.
    Last edited by Valixy; 08-11-13 at 04:27 AM.

Basil, I noticed that you said something about an "old" thread that I brought up. No, I wasn't bringing it up to get my post count up. I had something to say about the topic and honestly didn't realize it was as old as it was, though less than a month old is not too old to me. I have little perspective about what is old and new in this forum since I just started here. Secondly, most forum folks get upset if you start a new thread about something that had been discussed already.

So what's a newbie to do? Post, not post, lurk forever, or just jump in and try to offer advice where he/she can? What is your advice?

loveadmin, just remove the rule entirely... a newbie that comes to this site does so because they have a question to ask - there's no point trying to force them to give valuable advice when all they want is to get help themselves (as is legitimate, this forum exists for that purpose). Otherwise what happens is that they're going to post 5 useless (therefore annoying) posts just so that they can finally ask the question they came here to ask.

We have removed the restriction for posting for the time being.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Just an FYI, it's back up to 15 posts...

...but at least I'm trying to make them relevant!

I created my thread right off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast