+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fairy tail beach romance I can't get over

Fairy tail beach romance I can't get over

Ok so here's the backstory. Last summer me and my friends (all college students) went on our annual vacation to the beach. On one of the first days down there I met this girl, we just instantly had a connection, and just sat on the beach talking till about 5 in the morning. The rest of the vacation consisted of us being together during the day doing beach activities, then I'd go to dinner with my friends and she would go with her friends family who she came with, and when we got back we would just walk on the beach together, do some other things on the beach, and just had the most magical time my life. Well it came time to leave and we promised to see each other again. After about 3 weeks of texting/phone calls/skype I visited her in her hometown, which was about 6 hours away drive time. We had another amazing time the weekend I was with her, doing anything and everything. 3 more weeks went by and I made an impromptu visit to her at her college (about 3 hours away) due to my work schedule opening up. We had a great time but had an argument because I wasn't too trusting if her when she went out partying at school (very stupid of me). I apologized before I left about not trusting, but she told me that the argument we had made her realize that this just can't possibly work, the distance is too much and she doesn't want to go any farther because of that.

That devastated me, as I just thought she was the most amazing girl and I just can't explain it, but everything felt different than my other relationships. When i was with her everything just felt right. We were both about 2 years from graduating college.

Well after that happened in September of last year, and from then to mid-late summer this past year I made some huge mistakes and sent her multiple drunken texts on many different occasions that infuriated her. These texts were just me rambling on telling her how much I felt about her and missed her, but clear drunk text and she hated me.

In the time period after she broke it off till now, ive "talked" to a couple girls and things just never advanced past that. Nothing felt right and I didn't want to hurt them.

Fast forward to last week, I apologize for the drunken text and we start to talk, no flirting or anything just talk. It's clear we still just have that connection and can talk for hours as we texted to the early morning just this past Sunday.

So my advice I'm looking for is how much longer should I just talk to her before I bring up the possibility of maybe something again? What are some key things I should ask her that may give me a clue? I've never tried to get someone back before so u don't know what are things to say? Thank you.

Leave it be. She's already made herself clear.

Next time....dont be a D Bag

You could ask "are you seeing anyone?" and see where the conversation leads.

That being said, I'll wager she's not forgotten your behaviour and still won't want to do long distance. Try if you like, but don't be surprised if she runs.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Desperate and needy is so unattractive not to mention the jealousy. She dodged a bullet. Learn from this experience. Let's face it you blew it and there is no undoing this....now just let it go.

Being worried about distance is one thing but not being able to forgive you or at least try to understand you when you made a first mistake or a had a moment of weakness is another. She must find it easier to have nice evening chats on the beach than having a real relationship, I guess. The second requires real feelings, maturity and other internal qualities.