+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My best friend kissed me before moving away..

My best friend kissed me before moving away..

I'm going to try to keep this short: My best friend kissed me the day before moving away to another city. I asked for a relationship but she said she liked me a lot and we got along really well but wasn't ready for a relationship yet. A few weeks later I asked her that I needed space since I really liked her a lot. She kept contacting me for a few weeks to which I always responded as a friend but she has now backed off. She hardly initiates any contact now. I sometimes do while asking for her opinion but she is very distant/guarded now. Can someone help me understand what could've been going through her mind back then, what's going on now and what you think will happen next? It's been over 3 months since she moved but I still like her a lot and it's just been really hard losing her..

Thank you.

Obviously she doesn't want a long-distance relationship.

Try not to expect much e-mailing back and forth all the time. This most likely hurts her as it does you. Right now, just be a friend. That's all you can expect.

Chances that to work at distance are very little, you both should be very engaged in making that work…and the younger you both are, more likely to not work…this is not a rule…

Yea, we had once talked about things but decided against moving forward at the time since we knew that she would be moving away. I've always said it's either all or nothing because chances are one person gets attached and things may get awkward later so not to risk our friendship if she doesn't see a future - to which she completely agreed. I am just confused since she didn't hold back kissing me again and again so it felt like saying goodbye to a significant other but then be so firm about not moving forward at the same time.

Maybe she likes you...and since she is moving far away...she just couldnt hold to it...so she kissed you...

She obviously regretted holding back on your relationship before having to move away. She may have had personal confidence issues when it came to starting a relationship. Now that she is gone, she's trying to forget you and move on. I suggest you let her go and move on as well. If any contact is to be made in the future, it must be initiated by her, and not by you. And if she never talks to you again, then you must leave it at that.

She is just emotionally attached to you but not sexually attracted to you.....guys combine both of these, girls can feel one without the other. That's why it gets so confusing. If the romantic emotions were truly there she wouldn't let anything get in the way of having a relationship. Maybe the kiss was to see if there was anything there or not.....looks like it was just emotional attachment.