+ Follow This Topic

Thread: school started, I need my first love

school started, I need my first love

If you guys remember my post about this one girl I have a crush on...the crush remains. School just started this week and I have been trying to find that girl I haven't seen in over 3 months since school ended back in may. I go to a college by the way and there are 1000's of students wandering around so I guess it may a few days till I see her or so.

I need quick advice on how to introduce myself to her because I've never really talked to her before and it will be my first time even knowing her name. How would I keep a healthy conversation going, in which she would be interested in? Like what do I say when I first talk to her, how do I tell her me name, or if she is curious of why I am trying to randomly talk to her, what do I do? I am very very inexperienced in this area because I've never had a g/f before and although I've tried to meet girls, I've always failed

I hope to succeed this time, but I at least want to get to know her because that is more important than just seeing her around. If you guys got any suggestions, they will be welcome. Thanks

What's up man. How do you know this girl? Do you just know her from seeing her around school previously? Is she a friend of a friend? Is she your cousin's neighbor? That could play a huge part in your approach.

Either way, for one thing if you've met her before, just approach her and say, "Hi you went to/you were at (insert school/place you saw her here) right? If she says yeah say, " I thought you looked familiar. I'm (your name) by the way" She'll introduce herself then just start talking. This assuming your at a different school/place now.

If not, find out her name, then approach her and say,"You're (her name) right? She'll say yes then say, "Hi I'm (your name)." Just say, "I remember you from last year but I never got to meeting you." Strike up a conversation and before you go seperate ways, tell her, "Well hey you should give me your number and we'll hang out sometime."

I'd reccommend asking her for it the 2nd or 3rd time you talk. Unless you see her once every 2 weeks, or you want to close the deal fast. Get it the first time. This way she won't say she doesn't know you, or she barely met you. Some girls are like that. They're concious about any person having their number.

Remember girls like confident guys, it'll show if you have the nerve to approach her. Go for it man. If not you'll be kicking yourself in the a$$ everytime you see her walk by thinking it's another chance lost. Good luck.

thanks for the advice, I have one problem though.

I haven't seen her at all since school started last week tuesday sept. 2, 2003. I've been searching for her everyday and haven't seen her. Although I thought I saw a couple girls that looked like her, I couldn't make out for sure 100% if they were both the same girl I'm thinking about.

-She used to work in the same area I worked at last school year and one day we had a short talk, very very short, probably not considered a real conversation since all I said was 'thank you' and she said 'you welcome' and she looked into my eyes. That day I got more and more attracted to her, and every time I saw her.

-I really hope she still goes to my school, I need help in this department.

I found out she transferred to another school. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm really sad and down right now. I feel very unmotivated to do anything and I need a lot help. Thanks

do you guys think I should still go after her or at least meet her? I can try to get her email and possibly contact her and get to know her. Or what should I do? I'm afraid I'm gonna be obsessed with her, but I want to move on in a way but I'm also afraid to move on because my feelings are so strong.

look man, i would try to work out any way possible of being with her because like Ducky Wucky said you are going to want to beat the hell out of ourself for not talking to her before

alright, I guess I can go try and get her email or something. I hope I can talk to her at least. Thanks for the advice.

Look mate, you suffer from "one-itis"--- that is, you are fixated on this one girl. That is a major turn-off for all girls, especially those worth dating, and despite the fact that they will all deny this (many genuinely do not even know).

Well, pick up (and possibly lay) 10 other girls and see if she is still special to you. The bottom line is that women really are a dime a dozen. Don't believe me? Go to the mall and see how many hot chicks you see there, all ready to be picked up.

No woman is worth so much pain and effort; they are *intrinsically* not worth it and, in addition to that, you can so easily find a girl that is at least as good if not better.

I know it's hard...I had to learn by experience, but if I had listened to what my dad used to tell me it would have spared me a lot of time and pain.

Remember: women are a dime a dozen.

If a girl is being a pain in the ass, is not cooperating, if she even slightly disrespects you, if she screws up...NEXT!

You'll thank me.

Bye for now,

Ladies' fan.

Originally posted by Ladies' fan
    Look mate, you suffer from "one-itis"--- that is, you are fixated on this one girl. That is a major turn-off for all girls, especially those worth dating, and despite the fact that they will all deny this (many genuinely do not even know).

Well, pick up (and possibly lay) 10 other girls and see if she is still special to you. The bottom line is that women really are a dime a dozen. Don't believe me? Go to the mall and see how many hot chicks you see there, all ready to be picked up.

No woman is worth so much pain and effort; they are *intrinsically* not worth it and, in addition to that, you can so easily find a girl that is at least as good if not better.

I know it's hard...I had to learn by experience, but if I had listened to what my dad used to tell me it would have spared me a lot of time and pain.

Remember: women are a dime a dozen.

If a girl is being a pain in the ass, is not cooperating, if she even slightly disrespects you, if she screws up...NEXT!

You'll thank me.

Bye for now,

Ladies' fan.
    the thing is, she didn't do anything wrong to me. It was all my fault for being late in attempting to possibly get to know her. She's just stuck in my mind and I can't get over it.

Originally posted by bball_1523
    the thing is, she didn't do anything wrong to me. It was all my fault for being late in attempting to possibly get to know her. She's just stuck in my mind and I can't get over it.
    I know the feeling. You MUST get over it.

Eject and move on to the next girl. Ironically, it is this very action that is the most likely to get her interested in you.

I know this may seem irrelevant to your problem, but it is the best advice I can give you. Eject and move on!

Honestly!

Good luck,

Ladies' fan.

what if I never got to *really* talk to her? We never formally met so I have no idea who she really is, but you can read the rest of my thread to get an idea of why I have fallen for her.

- I wouldn't mind moving on, but it's so hard even thinking about it. When I wake up every morning I feel saddened and think about her. Also I don't know who the next girl I can move on to is.

I'd think twice about the whole email thing. You don't wanna seem over-eager. Like it was said, you could push any girl further away when you're too anxious to want to talk/see her. She may think you're a stalker.

Maybe if you know a friend of her friend or something, you could "conveniently" be at the same place at the same time. That being if you want to give it one last shot. I guess I understand the feeling thinking she's the one who got away.

Ultimatley, like Ladies man said, try to move on and see what else is out there. Don't get attached with a girl who you haven't even been with.

When you hook up with another girl, it makes it that much easier to let go of the next one. There's plenty of females out there, it's your job to meet them.

Originally posted by DuckyWucky
    I'd think twice about the whole email thing. You don't wanna seem over-eager. Like it was said, you could push any girl further away when you're too anxious to want to talk/see her. She may think you're a stalker.

Maybe if you know a friend of her friend or something, you could "conveniently" be at the same place at the same time. That being if you want to give it one last shot. I guess I understand the feeling thinking she's the one who got away.

Ultimatley, like Ladies man said, try to move on and see what else is out there. Don't get attached with a girl who you haven't even been with.

When you hook up with another girl, it makes it that much easier to let go of the next one. There's plenty of females out there, it's your job to meet them.
    I haven't really stalked her...sure I've tried to find out where she is...she moved so there's no other choice almost but to email her if I really have an interest in her. She probably doesn't know that I like her.

I know a friend of her, but i have no idea if the girl will ever come back to my town to hang out or whatever...so that's why I just wanna at least talk to her and get to know who she is. If things don't work out, then it's time to move on.