+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Called the Police

Yea... I'm prone to rewrite things that don't actully mean what I'm trying to convey so its best to count to 25 before "talking" to me. (my bad). I don't do it to change my stance, just to make it more clear.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

No worries, figured it was something like that after you edited

Quote Originally Posted by Paul07 View Post
    gals who often need to start an argument, always have to be right or they become a bit bitter but would never admit it, of course. something i've learnt without needing to read official statistics lol
    Apart from this being a stupid retarded and obviously unfounded generalisation, it doesn't even apply to my specific case, since I never tried to start an argument in this thread - if anything, I rejected every single attempt at starting one. *shrug*

edit: nice bit of sexism there though. Thanks for helping to prove my point.
    Last edited by searock; 22-11-13 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I rejected every single attempt at starting one.
    Right...just like how winging punches while saying "I don't want to fight bro!" means you're rejecting every single attempt at a scrap

You were the one who saw condescendence when there was none. I said that we have ideas that are way too different for there to be a useful discussion - I repeated it at least 3 times? You wouldn't let go so I gave you links (cause I really really couldn't be bothered talking about it myself) and again you came at me, so again I told you (a bit less nicely this time) that I did not want to talk about it because it would be useless. Just let it go.
    Last edited by searock; 23-11-13 at 06:53 PM.

@ Vincenzo - How are things between you both now? I still think you won't give up on her as easily as you may want too and isn't helping that the computer issue caused no breaks off each other.
    “I am the author of my life. Unfortunately I’m writing in pen and I can’t erase my mistakes.”

You were the one who saw condescendence when there was none. I said that we have ideas that are way too different for there to be a useful discussion - I repeated it at least 3 times? You wouldn't let go so I gave you links (cause I really really couldn't be bothered talking about it myself) and again you came at me, so again I told you (a bit less nicely this time) that I did not want to talk about it because it would be useless. Just let it go.
    I have to be honest, this made me chuckle. Searock, when you post articles for someone their response if they actually bother to read them is damn near 100% guaranteed to be a reply with what they think of the content of those articles. That's the whole purpose of posting articles on a forum. You know this. You also know how to solve the "I want to end the discussion" dilemma. There have been times where you've said something I didn't want to get into. Know what I did to solve the problem? I stopped replying. I'm not sure if you recall but it proved quite a bit more effective of a way to end the discussion than if I had stuck around demanding that you end it for me.

Btw, shaking your head at someone else's views is pretty condescending as I see it, and as just about everyone I know sees it. If you meant something else by that gesture than what it typically means then please clarify. For what it's worth to you, which I'm sure is very little at this point, I took your word for it after you said you weren't being condescending and have stopped holding it against you since.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 24-11-13 at 02:03 PM.

I don't like to just stop replying as I see it as the equivalent of walking away in the middle of a conversation. I'd much rather say "I don't feel like talking about it, but if you want to read some more on the subject I can point you to some websites and you can draw your own conclusions. Goodbye now.", which is what I did.

Now back on topic :-). Any updates, Vince?

Apart from this being a stupid retarded and obviously unfounded generalisation, it doesn't even apply to my specific case, since I never tried to start an argument in this thread - if anything, I rejected every single attempt at starting one. *shrug* .
    oh but you need so much to always have the last word that my stupid retarded unfounded generalisation inevitably applies to your specific case lol

or you could always try to dissimulate better that you're just interested in the truth of the debate, which you always express of course lol

edit: nice bit of sexism there though.
    sexism, no. criticism, yes.

Thanks for helping to prove my point.
    you'll have a point when your need to prove how bright you are will be dominated by your desire to help lol

gals who often need to start an argument, always have to be right or they become a bit bitter but would never admit it, of course. something i've learnt without needing to read official statistics lol
    I highlighted the sexist part for you, Paul. The point I was making is in fact dominated by my desire to help society evolve - not that it makes any difference as regards its validity. Anyway, welcome to my Ignore List. You might want to add me to yours.

I hope this was the last attack towards me on this thread XD.
    Last edited by searock; 25-11-13 at 04:44 AM.

sexism, no. criticism, yes.
    Sorry no. That was blatant sexism.

vincent:

IMO when a woman is capable of lying and cheating as she did in the past there is something very wrong about her and/or the rship

you cannot cure or change people who've been abused and damaged so much through a personal rship and no matter how much you try the rship will never be stable because in a way or another this kind of people will always end up proving that there is something not right about them and break your world into pieces again and again. for a healthy relationship you should look for someone else.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910