Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Called the Police

Quote Originally Posted by searock
    Lighten up, dick :-)
    So you mean the article was a joke? Glad we can finally agree on something

Quote Originally Posted by searock
    Want some serious reads, here you go:

http://www.rainn.org/statistics
    http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20110218135832/http://rds.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs05/hors293.pdf
    http://www.hmic.gov.uk/media/without-consent-20061231.pdf
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/unreported-rapes-the-silent-shame-7561636.html
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/sexual_assault/acquaintance_rape/3.html
    http://www.911rape.org/facts-quotes/statistics
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Rape_apology

I'm confused...where did I either A) Defend rape, or B) Say that it wasn't a very serious issue for women?

Anyway, if you read one of those links you read them all. Same shit, different websites. Same citations (well, the ones that had any citations anyway).

Before I even provide the other side of the coin - aka my sources - I want to zero in on one statistic in particular that profoundly affects (in fact, makes or breaks) all other statistics in those links. 60% of rapes go unreported. If 60% of rapes go unreported, does that not imply that at least 60% of rapes are going uninvestigated? And if at least 60% of rapes go uninvestigated due to being unreported, then how do we actually know if those rapes even happened?

And where that brings us is to the metric of 100 off of which all of those other rape stats are based. Immediately, 60 out of that 100 is null and void because we don't even know if those rapes happened. And that's not taking into account any question whatsoever regarding the other 40. So tell me, how can any of those statistics be legit if the entire metric off of which they are based is broken? None of those statistics can possibly be true unless we know for a fact that out of the metric of 100 all 100 rapes were proven to have taken place.

Bottom line: Those statistics are bullshit. And this is without me even posting my sources which go into detail and further antagonize those statistics.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 21-11-13 at 05:29 PM.

Yeah, see, the point is I don't have time or even want to deal with this kind of crap. You don't believe in those government statistics, okay that's your right. Keep your beliefs and don't bother me about it.
    Last edited by searock; 22-11-13 at 01:06 AM.

It's not even that I don't believe those statistics, basic math dictates they are impossible.

Besides, go back to page 6 and take a good look at who started bothering who here. Go back to ANY of our arguments and look at who started bothering who.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 22-11-13 at 03:24 AM.

I voiced my opinion, you replied, that was that. I then told you repeatedly I did not want to discuss it any further... after all those discussions, I knew it would have been useless. We just see things too differently.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    Go back to ANY of our arguments and look at who started bothering who.
    gals who often need to start an argument, always have to be right or they become a bit bitter but would never admit it, of course. something i've learnt without needing to read official statistics lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Do you mean the entire mess that is your relationship or just the mess regarding the computer? have you told her its over or have you just not said anything about ending it thus leaving the door open for a replay of what is?

Just curious as to what your definition of "washing your hands" of it means, Vince.
    The relationship is probably broken beyond repair because I was forced to call the police. However, I feel remorse about breaking her computer, so I have loaned her one of my two computers to use until she buys a replacement computer. Unfortunately, it's a desktop without wireless, so she currently only gets internet access on her phone. That has hindered her search for a replacement computer. Well, that and her busy schedule and her insistence on trying to find an affordable used iMac with all the software she needs. The computer that I bought her last week was ideal, but she rejected it for trivial reasons. She could afford a very decent new PC with the money I gave her and still afford the software that she needs. But that would be too easy. I backed up all of my important files from that computer and now I consider it a lost cause, just like the relationship.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    The relationship is probably broken beyond repair because I was forced to call the police.
    Wrong! This relationship is without doubt broken beyond repair, and it's because she is an unstable, loser, psychobitch. This statement you made does not sound like you are done at all, and it sounds like you're still in contact with her.

The relationship is probably broken beyond repair because I was forced to call the police. However, I feel remorse about breaking her computer,
    Actually Vince, I'd say that you've got that backwards: You had to call the cops because the relationship was broken.

It's fine for you to feel remorse about breaking her computer, and it's fine for you to make restitution... It's nice of you to loan her a computer in the interim, but I'm concerned that you're continuing to have regular-ish contact with her.

Good luck, man.

The relationship is probably broken beyond repair because I was forced to call the police. However, I feel remorse about breaking her computer, so I have loaned her one of my two computers to use until she buys a replacement computer. Unfortunately, it's a desktop without wireless, so she currently only gets internet access on her phone. That has hindered her search for a replacement computer. Well, that and her busy schedule and her insistence on trying to find an affordable used iMac with all the software she needs. The computer that I bought her last week was ideal, but she rejected it for trivial reasons. She could afford a very decent new PC with the money I gave her and still afford the software that she needs. But that would be too easy. I backed up all of my important files from that computer and now I consider it a lost cause, just like the relationship.
    BUT! Have you told her this relationship is over. Good luck in your schooling, please don't contact me anymore?

You didn't exactly answer the question posed before you Vince. You don't have to answer, of course but you are certainly keeping the door open.

*boggled*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Paul07 View Post
    gals who often need to start an argument, always have to be right or they become a bit bitter but would never admit it, of course. something i've learnt without needing to read official statistics lol
    Oh stfu. Arguing is NOT a gender related phenom nor is the need to be "right." Dick is certainly proof of that *chuckles*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Oh stfu. Arguing is NOT a gender related phenom nor is the need to be "right." Dick is certainly proof of that *chuckles*
    I know, don't you just HATE those people? Kind of reminds you of a certain someone doesn't it? Someone who would do the exact same thing with Michele on a weekly basis back when she was a regular? I can't quite put my finger on who but maybe you can help me out here. Whoever it is, surely that person knows better than to talk shit here

Darling I'm not denying anything that I do. I'm just pointing out to the douche that put it all on women, that men are just as culpable as he pointed out women to be.... and used you as a prime example.

Denial I am not in.

Hmm? In denial of what? I thought you were just ballbusting me so I ballbusted back, is this actually a serious argument now?

No dear... just pointing out that you are a male and that you like to argue. The person I told to STF was implying that women only like to do that and I'm just pointing out the error of his ways. Tiss all good. As for "denial" I'm just telling you that I'm not denying anything you said... you stated your reply like I was when what I do had nothing to do with what I was pointing out to said poster who asserts what women do. (when men do it to). lmao. O.o

It said something different at first like you were telling me that I was in denial of something but I see you changed it right at the same point when I submitted my response so nvm

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast