+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does this girl like me? or am i over reacting.. Please help

Does this girl like me? or am i over reacting.. Please help

There's this girl i like. We're both juniors.
    My gf (lets call her sara) broke up with me about two weeks ago. the same day we broke up, another girl (lets call her britney) that barely ever talks to me sat next to me in the computer lab for class. I was minding my business, then she randomly asks what are we supposed to do. A couple minutes later she asked me "you're left handed?" i told her yeah, and she smiled at me and gave me a hive five. A couple minutes later, a piece of hair got in her eye. She tapped me and asked "is there something in my eye?" i looked and told her yeah, and she wanted me to help her get it out, so i rubbed her eye, and i got close to her face to look in her eye, then we started staring at each other deeply, and suddenly we both started smiling at each other. It felt so awkward for me to rub her eye, and then smile at each other, because she's a really confident popular girl, i'm attractive but i'm not all cocky, i'm just a normal guy, and i tend to get quiet around people i barely ever talk to, but i'm very nice to girls.

The next day, we went on a field trip, and we got back to the school around 9pm. We were all waiting for our rides to come, when my ride came, she was the first person to say bye, enthusiastically.
    We had another field trip to a university. When we were getting off the bus, i said a joke, and a couple girls laughed, she was one of them. We toured the school and then we had lunch in the cafeteria. I got my food, and the table i sat at was right behind hers, but i was a little distant from her. I got up and said "i'm going over there to sit with lisa (fake name)" and when i said that,she looked my way. So i walked away, but then i turned around and her & her friend were looking back towards me.

Now back at school.....at lunch i caught her looking my way a couple times with a "look" i cant explain.
    After lunch, we were lined up for spanish class, i said something to one of my friends, and britney was right there in my face, staring at me with a dull face. I never did or said anything to her or about her.
    In classes, it seemed like she wanted a little of my attention, but idk for sure.

So i messaged her on FB, and told her she was beautiful, and that i like her. i told her that I dont expect anything and things can stay normal but i just wanted to let her know how i feel. She replied the next day with " i can't tell if you're joking or not, is this a hack, arent you with sara?
    I replied " no its not a hack britney, nobody has my password, and no me and sara broke up like 2 weeks ago. I know it seems wierd but there you have it." She replied "no it doesnt seem wierd, its just shocking, lol, but thank you, thats very nice of you to say". I replied to her but she never even looked at the message. And she didnt come to school thursday or today (friday) because she was sick.
    I'm confused, Does she like me or am i over reacting. I think i came on too fast. I can accept rejection but i'm just a little confused. Please help, it seems like mixed signs. Its hard to determine how she feels about me.

Couldn't tell ya bro. You will have to wait til you see her next week in class. Don't act all worried or nervous.....just be your happy self and act like nothing happened. Then look at her body language and responses....that will give you an idea.

As for being rejected, better to be rejected than to have never tried.