+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I make a mistake here?

Did I make a mistake here?

So, my girlfriend and I have been together since Sept 1st, and we've been dating about a month before that. We just finished moving in together. When things are good, they are really good but when things are bad, they are really bad. I'll be honest, up until now things have been rocky but we are good at analyzing the issues then we have constructive discussions on how to prevent it from happening again. for the most part we work well at resolving issues and creating solutions moving forward. The hard part is just remembering the solutions while we're in the heat of an argument...

We had a major argument the other night and I just wanted to get some advice...I'd really like to just hear an outside perspective...I broke off this relationship because in all of my life I have never been treated this way...no matter how bad an argument got between another girl and I in the past, I have never been left like this nor would I have ever done this to anyone...im very strict and confident in what I deserve so I expect the same respect reciprocated...I feel disrespected and I feel like if she can abandon me like this, I question if this is someone I want to keep as a life partner?

So anyway, here's what happened to us the other night. We decide to go out to the city, i drive my gf's car, we meet at my old roommates apt to pre drink and drive together. Once we get there my ex roommate's friend that's a girl gets there so we all talk with each other. My ex roommate leaves to pick up a few other friends and comes back with 4 other girls. Two other guy friends come and we all decide to leave. We decide to ride with the two guys and first girl we meet and leave to the club.

As we're about to get on the main road my gf says we should just drive separately. My initial reaction is why? Because there's no point in us driving separately and if we wanted to leave early we could have taken a cab back, and this way we don't have to worry about drinking and driving. So we get into our car and halfway to the club, she says her stomach hurts and she's in pain. i ask her if she wants to go to the hospital and she says yes. I turn around and start heading to the hospital. Halfway to the hospital she says it stops. Me being concerned i insist she goes to the hospital to double check that everything's ok. She refuses and im upset because now im starting to think she planned this whole thing. Im driving her car as were arguing, the argument escalates, she asks me if im going to break up with her and i say yes cause im fed up and very upset. She says she wants me to go home with her, i insist i take her to the hospital and she refuses (somewhat hoping she'll say yes so I have reason to believe this was not all a scheme of hers).

Im upset so i tell her that im driving to the club so she can drop me off and she can head home. She says no and tells me to drop myself off at the next exit. I pull over, get out the car, she tells me to get back in, we argue outside for a couple minutes then she gets in the car and drives off, leaving me 50 miles from home in the middle of the street. I find a cab to the club where my friends are and stay the night at my ex roommates place.

should I forgive her for this? I just feel like im enabling her to think that its ok to do things like this...
    Last edited by drmj; 11-11-13 at 10:33 PM.

Why on earth would u move in this soon? *facepalm*
    She left you stranded yeah that's a really crappy thing to do. Ur fight sounds pretty intense for only dating such a short time . You both seem to like to yell and argue at times. Id say u aren't compatible but I bet u guys are like fire in bed together haha

At least you got your thinking straight! Man..girls these days are clever and they toy with us men. But never let them get the beter of you. Consider this situation a red flag. Don't ignore it, having one so early is not a good thing. You should not have left the car to stay in control. That she left you stranded is absolutely not cool. Think this over otherwise you'll end up in the same exact situation I did. I'd like to say you should have brought her home and plan your night anew from there, but I don't know were that would have gotten you..

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ratties View Post
    Why on earth would u move in this soon? *facepalm*
    She left you stranded yeah that's a really crappy thing to do. Ur fight sounds pretty intense for only dating such a short time . You both seem to like to yell and argue at times. Id say u aren't compatible but I bet u guys are like fire in bed together haha
    Youre right, we moved in way too fast...lesson learned...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPeter View Post
    At least you got your thinking straight! Man..girls these days are clever and they toy with us men. But never let them get the beter of you. Consider this situation a red flag. Don't ignore it, having one so early is not a good thing. You should not have left the car to stay in control. That she left you stranded is absolutely not cool. Think this over otherwise you'll end up in the same exact situation I did. I'd like to say you should have brought her home and plan your night anew from there, but I don't know were that would have gotten you..
    They sure do...smh

Yeah, falling into sexist generalizations isn't going to get you anywhere.