+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We haven't spoke for three days, is this normal?

We haven't spoke for three days, is this normal?

I'm in a relationship with a guy. We are dating but we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend yet. Anyways on Friday we went on our second date. I haven't heard from him since. Now I think he probably doesn't like me anymore or I did something wrong

I don't think he doesn't like me because on our date
    1. We cuddled on the train
    2. He had his arm around me while walking in the city
    3. He asked me what I wanted for Christmas
    4. He makes sure I text him or he texts me to make sure I get home safe (we both use public transportation, don't drive )
    5. He held my hand
    6. He kissed me on the cheek before we departed
    7. After our date he texted me "Now I really can't wait for our next date!!!!! :-)"
    I don't understand. I mean I know he likes me because our mutual friend told me he does... (I'm in one class with our mutual friend and my date is in a class with this friend too)

And yes, I know he doesn't have to talk to me daily but 3 days makes me feel like I did something wrong. I know he works in a different state plus helps his mom at her job on weekends. Plus I did text him myself last night but he never responded. I just really like him and I hope I didn't mess things up with him so quickly. One thing for sure is if I don't see him today at school i'm going to talk to our mutual friend before class starts....

Did I do anything wrong or am I just being paranoid?

just freaking text or call him not a big deal. guys like when a girl shows interest also...I've stop talking to many girls after a few dates if they could never say hi or somthing.

Um I said I did text him last night but he ignored it

"Plus I did text him myself last night but he never responded."

Then he's not into you

Well I'm not so sure it's not that because it ended on a good note on our second date. I'm going to talk to our mutual friend tomorrow about it

Then if you think he likes you so much, just wait for him to contact you and stop defending how he feels. If he never calls you again, then his silence makes it loud and clear that your understanding of how much he likes you is obviously incorrect.

Many people are too afraid to just tell someone they don't want to see a person again. I think maybe he may be one of them.

If nothing else, the very fact that he didn't return your text makes him rude and uncaring. That alone is enough for you to not want to be with him anymore. If he was a nice person, he would have at least quickly text you that he was busy and would chat with you later on in the day. Don't you agree?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well good thing I talked to our mutual friend because apparently, he was thinking the same way. I never got his messages either and he thought I was ignoring him, didn't like him, etc. he never received my messages on his phone either.

So I never got his texts, he never got mine. I called him instead of texting him. Everything is fine between us, I'm relieved

Seems odd that neither of you were receiving texts??? I'm surprised he didn't phone you to find out why you were'nt returning his texts? ... And ... yet another reason why texting is a dumb way to communicate... especially in the early stages of dating.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion