+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My guy best friend is giving mixed signals. Help please :(

My guy best friend is giving mixed signals. Help please :(

So, when I first met this guy back in August, we had a bit of a fling. After about a month, he said he didn't want a relationship so we stayed friends. Well, with benefits. But the thing about it is, he apparently still had feelings for me when I met someone else. He got so jealous and mad he wouldn't even talk to me for 3 weeks. Later he told me he was mad because he wanted me to wait for him, but he never told me he wanted that. Things with the new guy ended and me an the original guy went back to being good friends again. So much so that we consider each other best friends. And lately he was acting like he wanted to be with me. He would kiss me like in such caring ways and showed so much affection for me. I was sick and he stopped by my place to make sure I was okay and started coughing really bad one night out of nowhere while I was with him and he made sure that I was okay. He even wanted to introduce me to his family, and did. The other night we went out to the club and he started dancing with a girl, he was a very sloppy girl to say nicely, and I got upset and he did everything in his power to make me feel better. And even admitted that he still had feelings for me that night. He just really doesn't want a relationship. But, when he admitted that he was a little bit intoxicated, because normally he isn't one to show his feelings at all. He has denied it left and right for months that he doesn't have feelings period. But I tried to ask him last night, knowing I was running a big risk, whether or not I should wait for him and he immediately shut down and got angry because he doesn't want to feel pressured. I just don't know what to do or think about this situation. I feel like he's giving me mixed signals and I don't know how to address the situation because I don't want to push him away.
    Help please

My thoughts are he just wants to keep just wants you to be his f buddy.
    All I got from that.

Danielle, you're letting him walk all over you. Sure he likes you, but not enough to have a relationship with you. He gets upset when you date someone else. You ask him about it and he gets angry because you're 'pressuring' him. Are you really so desperate as to accept this second rate treatment?

For what it's worth, you should never wait around for a guy who only likes you enough to give 'mixed signals'. Don't settle for anything less than a man who will move heaven and earth to be with you. If this gets upset that you move on, just tell him "Tough luck. You had a chance and told me that you weren't interested. So I moved on". Get some self respect happening here.

Go and listen to Beyoncé's "Put a ring on it" a few times.

I also want to add that you're NOT best friends. Best Friends are platonic with no agenda; what you've got is far more complicated.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Boy he's sure got you on a string, doesn't he? Works out really well for him - he gets to get what he wants, but doesn't have to give you what YOU want... he even gets to get mad when you go out with other guys, but it's also cool for him to dance with other girls.

Holy shit... why do you need to ask?!

He has got you in a similar position I've just been in with someone else.

They like you but not in a way to have a relationship with you. They don't want to let you go, but at the same time are not willing to do anything to keep you.

The longer you stick around, the worse and harder it will get for you. He's unlikely to suddenly change his mind, so waiting around isn't going to do anything for you, it's just helping him out.

I have a good female friend where I like her personality.
    It would have been nice for me to date her, but I have my
    own problems to deal with and there's quite an age gap of
    her being a lot older than me, so i don't worry about and she'll
    find someone that is suited for her, but at least I know type of
    girl my age will interest me in the future.
    As much as you'd like a scenario to play out differently,
    sometimes it just wasn't meant to be and have to move on, i know I have.

I've been in this situation before. Emotionally manipulative is what he is. Only difference is my guy or any guy of mine wouldn't dare dance with another chic in front of me. Anyway, you need to leave him alone. Tell him you're moving on to someone who can appreciate your worth and womanhood. Tell him you've wasted enough of your precious time on him. Seriously, you could be missing out on mr. Right, fooling around with this guy who wants all the privileges of a girlfriend but doesn't want the commitment or title. I know you have feelings for him but enough is enough. Tell him just that. Block his calls, text and all. It may be hard at first but trust me honey it gets easier every day. Treat him like he doesn't matter, likes he's an option and not a priority. Guys seem like to that kind of treatment. They'll chase you like crazy.

You can still be his friend if you want( i don't think you'll get over him by doing this ) but if you do be his friend, keep it platonic. No sex whatsoever.
    Last edited by Starnique; 14-11-13 at 05:43 AM.

you should stand up for yourself and shouldn't let him walk over you. This is what you can still learn from out of this. He's trying to get you jealous, but the more you don't show it, the more it will attract him.