+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Uni Relationship

Uni Relationship

I'm new to this, but I'm having a lot of problems in terms of relationships and wanted some advice. So here's the brief:

Recently I have to University (in September, I am currently 19), and have been in a committed relationship for 19 months now, though I'm struggling with the whole long distance thing. It has been working, but recently I've been attracted to another guy who lives here at the University. Now, I haven't done anything, I wouldn't be that stupid. But I have had inklings of feelings, feelings I shouldn't really even have if I'm in this happy relationship. I wouldn't throw my entire relationship for this one guy I've only known a couple months and am not sure about, but the fact that these feelings have occurred makes me think that I need to get out of my relationship, because what if it happens again? What if I become attracted to another guy later down the line? I can't guarantee that the same feelings won't come back with someone else, and that thought has made me reconsider my relationship. I don't want to do anything and then end up hurting a whole lot of people, and unfortunately I don't trust myself. I think the safest option would be to get out of the relationship, see how I feel with the freedom and settle my feelings out that way. But I want to know what other people think?

Thank you

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are still young, it is normal that once you go to a new place, you might find somebody that you are interested in. 19 months of relationship is not that much actually, things like this happen that people lose feelings for their partners. If you have strong doubts, then it is better to leave the relationship now, before you and your bf lose even more time. Imagine you stay few years in such relationship full of doubts and then realize, that it really isn't IT. Think about your relationship, think about your feelings and decide. Again, people break up. It's not always because of some really bad reason like cheating or else. The honey moon period is over and now you can see clearly whether you want to continue or not.
    I wazzzz here

My advice is please be true to your current boyfriend, don't string him along for the ride & set him free if you can't see a future with him so he can get on with his life.

This is currently happening to me & it really sucks living in limbo.