+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Thoughts on age gap in a potential relationship??

Thoughts on age gap in a potential relationship??

The guy I like is 9 years my senior, we are both in college and I mean our maturity levels aren't insanely different so I feel like it works and we get along fine. I'm 18 and he's 27

Thats not so bad

I'm in a long term age gap relationship and things are going great :-)
    Just gotta remember To respect eachothers age and time in their life may be different from yours. As long as u both want the same thing

I'm seeing a girl who is 18 and im 27 and we get along really great

Nope, the age gap is just too big, at your age. You are still a kid and he is an adult. He will always see you as a kid and you will always see yourself as a kid compared to him. It can't work.

That gap is fine, mine is 10 years older than myself, that would be my limit in age difference. So I am 25, so oldest I would date is 35 years old.

Been there, done that. The boning was great but a committed relationship wasn't happening, although that was largely for reasons other than the age difference. Who knows what would've happened if we had actually dated long term?

Should be fine if there is a real connection, the difference isn't too bad in my opinion.

I actually always wondered about this one myself. I can never really decide how I sit on the matter. On the one hand, for example, 20 and 30 seem like a pretty big difference. Or even 18 and 27 as in the OP's case. I mean, when you are 18, 19, 20, you are still kind of young. It is certainly different from being 13, 14, 15, etc. You tend to be more of an adult. But there is still a lot of growing to do. You never know what may happen in a few years. You could become an entirely different person and want entirely different things.

Whereas say for example 25 and 35 no longer seems like such a big deal. I don't know, though. Maybe that is just me. I suppose relationships with that much of an age gap can work even younger, but it would definitely take a healthy understanding on both sides of the relationship as to what the age difference could mean. Not to mention, even more so, you would need to be honest with each other about what you want and compromise reasonably to be able to be a good match. That is something you have to do in any relationship, though.

Yeah I mean I agree , I know I still have a lot of growing up to do, obviously he's had much more life experience then I have but we seem to genuinely get along well. I mean even from 16 to now I feel like I'm completely different, just as I am sure I will be by the time I'm 27 , but we talked about it and honestly it doesn't really bother me, and he said it doesn't bother him really, it just makes him feel old lol also like he doesn't look 27 I'd put him at like 22/23 or 24 tops and most people think I'm 20 so it doesn't look weird or anything, and see before when I didn't know how old he was , i would've said 27 is too old but now that we've gotten to know eachother, I really don't think it matters cause we relate easily
    Last edited by Aly2525; 15-11-13 at 11:19 AM.