+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys and age gap.

Guys and age gap.

My friend is my age, 20, and her crush is 29. He is her brother's friend and has been showing mixed signals. We both want to know what's wrong with this guy, he's perfect, good looking, kind, sweet, smart, has a great job and a house and everything. He works out with her brother and always asks her brother about her.. So she has asked him out, and he couldn't that time because it was a stress period at work.. She thought okay whatever, then he starts to joke with her friend about wanting to marry her and stuff, and the place where she works, they have seen him walking infront of the shop where she works at, and he walked back and forth to see if she was there.. Even they said He must have been looking for her. She once receives a txt msg from him where he asked if she could tell her brother something that was about the work out.. Why didn't he txt her brother on FB? Or on his phone?! And again her brother got back home after a work out session telling her what this guy has been saying.

She got so sick of this all, she called him and wanted to meet in person (she was so pissed). They met, and she told him why he has been asking about her when he's not even interested, and that he has been talking about her too much.. He said: "I have been thinking about the same thing.." YEAH?! What's that supposed to mean?! So she told him to stop it and they had a small chat about life and that's it..

This guy has stoped talking about her.. What now!? It's over? She scared him off?!

He has been showing her mixed signals for a year!

The guy sounds shy and doesn't know how to really talk to a woman. That's what I am getting anyway. Besides, it could be true that he was going though a tough time and couldn't date at that time but was interested in doing so. Either way, it sounds like your friend is pissed at him anyway so it looks like it is already resolved itself.

I agree that your friend kind of stopped this. But honestly it sounds to me like this guy doesn't know what he wants. That would make me very hesitant to go out with him... He needs to figure out what he wants first before anything could ever be thought of.

To be honest, he's doing your friend a favor.

Leave it alone, maybe he liked the idea of her but not actually dating her.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

playing games with her maybe or lost interest. I wouldn't date someone over 3 years older than me and more than 2 years younger.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

If he is all that and a bag of chips, why is he so single? Because he can't talk to girls he has an interest in. He is deathly shy.....ever watch The 40 year old virgin? He's that shy.....I think your friend is better off because guys like that are a pain in a relationship because they don't communicate well. (just from my experience).

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He might be attracted, but knows she is too young. Look up the half-plus-seven rule.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

His friends younger sister who is 9 years younger ... of course he is shy He is probably looking at himself long and hard in the mirror. I'm not saying it is THAT bad, but it would cross my mind if I were in his shoes. Too much of an age gap ... just.

Seems to me like he likes her, he knows everyone else knows he likes her but he shouldn't bloody like her because she is so young He needs a woman 25 + that will commit to marriage/children ... not just a crush. He is nearly 30 for gods sake!

Stop thinking. Just leave it.