+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I advance Friends with benefits to something serious?

friends with benefits is just the wrong way to start any relationship. it's doomed to fail in my opinion. It's a relationship built on lust rather than mutual respect.

This was an extension of a friendship that endured several falling-outs. It was the culmination of repressed passions, and they just couldn't be restrained anymore. I do love her. Maybe she needs to grow, make more mistakes. But I'm sticking around. When the chosen flight-path leads straight into the mountainside, I'll be the first medic on the ground. With or without appreciation. Because when you love someone, you don't control them, fetter them, or make demands of them. You do all you can to ease their pain, and make their world a better place. Damn my suffering! DAMN THE TEARS I SHED OR THE BLOOD THAT FLOWS!!! Meager sacrifices for the happiness of one you love. Petty, paltry and ephemeral. THAT is what LOVE MEANS! I don't expect any of you to understand that. And you know what? I'm fine with that.

Delude yourself all you want with your miserable, melodramatic rhetoric. You asked a question. That question was, "How do I advance FWB into something serious?". The categorical answer was to stand up for yourself, not accept a situation you aren't happy with, and hope the other person comes around. You don't have the fortitude for that, so have fun immolating in your self-wrought misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandle View Post
    This was an extension of a friendship that endured several falling-outs. It was the culmination of repressed passions, and they just couldn't be restrained anymore. I do love her. Maybe she needs to grow, make more mistakes. But I'm sticking around. When the chosen flight-path leads straight into the mountainside, I'll be the first medic on the ground. With or without appreciation. Because when you love someone, you don't control them, fetter them, or make demands of them. You do all you can to ease their pain, and make their world a better place. Damn my suffering! DAMN THE TEARS I SHED OR THE BLOOD THAT FLOWS!!! Meager sacrifices for the happiness of one you love. Petty, paltry and ephemeral. THAT is what LOVE MEANS! I don't expect any of you to understand that. And you know what? I'm fine with that.
    I can see why she shelves you. You are shelf-worthy. No woman would find what you do attractive enough to want it for the rest of their lives. You will only grow and you will only find a reciprocal love when you realize that. Most woman who are worthy of having don't want a man who doesn't respect himself or his own personal boundaries you drop all of yours for the crumbs she gives you. That's not respecting yourself.

You'd do well to look into polyamory and learn to share yourself like she does. At least then, she may find you a little more compatible with her.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 20-11-13 at 07:20 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Look up The Shining/White Night Syndrome.

And on that note, cue my outro.

Jeez this woman is a mess.. and so are you for being crazy enough to get involved. Look at all the men shes ever been involved with. They all have one thing in common-they treat her badly and hurt her. Her s3lf esteem is so low that she likes it, likes being treated like a piece of meat. Shes self destructive and possibly a sex addict. You cant fix her and your gonna get hurt

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123