+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel like no one will ever love me?

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for all the great advice, and it has helped me out a lot. I'm sorry and I'm not usually that negative, but last week i think i really just hit my low.. as in I felt worthless and like shit all week. Im doing better now.. just trying to slowly work on getting my self esteem back, but thanks for all of your advice!

I, for one, definitely know how you feel. I've gone through this kind of stuff my whole life. I have always had a very low self-esteem. So, I know what you are going through. What only complicates matters is I have always been such a huge romantic. I am in love with the idea of finding my true soulmate some day. At times, it is really hard to believe that will ever happen.

I wish I could tell you differently, but for people like you and me, these sort of feelings will be a life long struggle. A lot of people will give you advice like "If you don't love yourself, nobody else can ever love you." Through personal experience, I can tell you that advice is BS and unhelpful. How does it help to tell me that when half the problem is I don't feel like anybody will ever love me.

The true advice is to do your best to put those feelings at the back of your mind and DO NOT let them control you. Get out there. Make friends. Do some social stuff and maybe you will meet guys who will be interested. Take it from me. I have gone through a lot of the same feelings myself... You know... except I'm a guy. LOL!

The fact of the matter is you may not think you are that attractive or interesting, but there will be other people who will disagree with you. Take it from me, that is what starts to help you gain some self-esteem. I've come a long way in life, and a lot of that has been through forcing myself to get out there a bit, and realizing that people truly do enjoy my company. So, if some people think you are pretty darn cool, it becomes hard not to admit maybe there is something they are seeing that you do not.

Good luck, my friend. I really do feel for you. I have a special place in my twisted black heart (after all, I am an Evil Jester, LOL) for my fellow sufferers of this terrible fate of a low self-esteem.

Don't worry, it will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Julia51423 View Post
    Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for all the great advice, and it has helped me out a lot. I'm sorry and I'm not usually that negative, but last week i think i really just hit my low.. as in I felt worthless and like shit all week. Im doing better now.. just trying to slowly work on getting my self esteem back, but thanks for all of your advice!

Excellent!

No one really love another person. People are in love with the pleasure, money, sex, support, or whatever benefit a person can provide for them. Or, they are in love with the idea they have about the person. It is sad, really.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

I don't think that is true. Though, I do have to say that it is very hard not to believe it is true sometimes. Something I have struggled with all of my life. I was in that dark place for a very long time. I do not want to go back there if I can help it. But, I do not personally believe that is true. I think almost everybody is capable of true love. People just too often try to force it, or worse, expect love to always be like the "newly-wed" period. Too many people expect things to always be new and exciting, but they can't be like that forever. What a lot of people fail to realize is that love can actually be even a million times better still when that happens. Anybody can be "in love" when it is new and exciting. But, to still be in love, warts and all, when everything has been revealed, that is a beautiful thing. Too bad it seems so rare in this day an age. I won't give up. I've come close many times... given up for years on the possibility. I don't want to go back there again.

Maybe I am just a positive person, but some of you just have too little faith and confidence in yourselves. At 15 we are all awkward and at least a little weird because you are balancing figuring out life, hormones, yourself. etc. Finding love at that age would be difficult because no one knows who the heck they are or what they want yet.

Funny thing is feel like I have always been the same person, yes I have improved over the years, but I feel I am still me and it just took others a while to see me. For me its not that hard to find someone to love me, its hard to find someone that I have that special connection with and is as good to me as I am to her.

Love is out there and if you keep putting yourself out there you will be rewarded.

Hun your 15. Your self esteem is low. Its v common. You will grow and change, become more self confident in time. Your at a difficult age but life gets easier. Learn to love yourself for who you are. Its all part of growing up and emotionally maturing. Just make sure you do things that make you feel good now. Its important to have good decent friends that you trust and make you smile and its important to experiment with your self image. Try different styles, look after your skin, wear some makeup etc. Soon you will feel more comfortable being yourself but you gotta find yourself first xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12