+ Follow This Topic

Thread: After some much needed advice

After some much needed advice

Hey guys, I'm going away in January with a group of friends and a couple of other people I haven't met. I'm the one incharge or organising it all so I've got to message everyone all the details ect.

I was messaging one of the girls who was coming away some of the details, prices ect. We'd never talked before but we have some mutual friends, we continued to talk after about general stuff, she's so nice, I genuinely enjoyed talking to her and I thought we had a lot in common.

I messaged her a week or two after that just to have a general chat and that went really well. She honestly seems just my type and I would love to see if I can take things in the more than friends direction.

I want to make some sort of move before the trip because she can only come for three nights and in a house with 20 others it would be hard to start doing that.

She also lives an hour away so I can't just ask her on a date, I'm really not sure how to go about it so any advice would be appreciated.

How old are you both, do you know if she is interested in you or only being polite? Find out which first before you take it further. 20 people in a house doesn't sound very intimate to get to know her, do you intend to hook up with all those other around, I don't know how successful that will be. Are you overly eager to date and have a girlfriend right now and is that why you are trying to get in the door with her before your group trip?
    “I am the author of my life. Unfortunately I’m writing in pen and I can’t erase my mistakes.”

Quote Originally Posted by joanna1 View Post
    How old are you both, do you know if she is interested in you or only being polite? Find out which first before you take it further. 20 people in a house doesn't sound very intimate to get to know her, do you intend to hook up with all those other around, I don't know how successful that will be. Are you overly eager to date and have a girlfriend right now and is that why you are trying to get in the door with her before your group trip?
    I'm 19 and she's 18, she just thinks I'm been polite but I want her to know I'm interested before we go because I think been away at the beach in the summer time over the few days would be the perfect place and time to take the next step from just messaging each other to spending heaps of time together and do things together.

How old are you both, do you know if she is interested in you or only being polite? Find out which first before you take it further.
    IMO Don't wait to find out if she likes you BEFORE you ask her out.. Ask her out and if she likes you, she will say yes. If she dosn't then she'll decline your invite. Confidence is sexy!

Anyway: I think you should wait until after your trip to ask her out on an actual date. You can start your convo off by telling her that it was nice to finally meet her and that you enjoyed her company (if you actually did.. you don't even know her yet but for a few back and forths so the chemistry may not even pan out in person) and that you'd love to take her out to (insert something you would like to do with her on your date) and ask her out for Friday.

She also lives an hour away so I can't just ask her on a date
    Say What? If she lives an hour away and you have no means of getting to her or her to you, then what kind of "relationship" do you expect to form with her? One of chat?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 20-11-13 at 04:58 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

When you say you are messaging her a lot, I hope you don't only mean texts?
    Pick up a phone and have a good long talk, if you can't drive the hour and see her, or hook up a webcam and talk that way. You could next call ask her out when she is next in your area, just you and her have dinner and a movie, or go for drinks, see a band.

Wakeup has a good point: if you can't see her to take her on a date, what's the point of having a relationship?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

An hour?? Each drive 30 mins and meet in the middle...no big deal. Most people I know live farther than that from their work and commute daily!