+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Live-in boyfriend not manning up because I won't get abortion

Agree. Their both stupid. Her for getting pregnant and him for not snipping it if it was that important.

I asked my hubby for his opinion: he said he'd run a mile from the OP
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Live-in boyfriend not manning up because I won't get an abortion
    I'll add, op that I think you're rather disgusting for questioning his manhood just because you've made a stupid, one-sided decision and you think he should stay with you. Grow TF up.

... and once again adding that he's stupid for not getting his sperm cut off if he doesn't want children then why keep playing fking Russion Roulette.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wait, so... did you two use protection before or not? Because if you just stopped using protection because you wanted to have a baby, then that is really messed up. I don't agree with how you approached the situation- being demanding about this didn't help. You really need to think if you can afford this baby on your own because I highly doubt that he will be in your life after this.

Also, if you didn't use protection at all, then use protection next time if you two weren't in agreement to have a baby.

You are wanting him to respect your decision when you didn't respect his. You won't trap him - he'll still leave. Sure, he'll pay child support and see the kid every so often - but you're the one who will be stuck for the next 18 years. If this is something that's okay with you, so be it, great. If not...don't count on him 'falling in love' with the baby and all that jazz...I know so many men who have left perfectly adorable babies because it's not what they wanted.

Ideally, a child comes into the world wanted by BOTH parents - not because the mum decided to miss the pill. But, since it's a done deal now...do your best, take care of yourself during the pregnancy and be a good mother so it makes up for the lack of father figure in your childs life.

anybody remember this blast from the past?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertWQ View Post
    You are every man's nightmare. I feel sorry for your child.
    No, you're totally using the MSU (Make Shit Up) principle. You don't know that they were having unprotected sex, just that she got pregnant. You're ASSUMING the sex was unprotected. As someone who's fathered a child through (allegedly) BC oills, that's a ludicrous thing to assume.

I made nothing up. She's a nightmare (to me at least, and I'm sure to many other men) because she promised one thing and did another, and thinks having a child is something that should be entirely her decision.

I made nothing up. She's a nightmare (to me at least, and I'm sure to many other men) because she promised one thing and did another, and thinks having a child is something that should be entirely her decision.
    Can we hear what you think of HIM since he's the one that didn't want children but he didn't make sure that it would NEVER happen by getting himself a vasectomy. If you don't want children then get yourself sterilized, no sense trusting a chick that may very well be doing the bate and switch on you by saying she doesn't and then possibly making it happen through deceit.

So.. what about him. Mr. Robert?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Guys slow the hell down. Having an abortion is a BIG deal. Jeez maybe she thought at the time she could handle it but now that shes actually in this situation and has a real life baby growing inside her she changed her mind. She is allowed to do that and being pressured into having an abortion is not cool.

Shes hurt and angry coz this guy wont allow her the time or space to decide. Instead hes being completely unsupportive and hopeless. Shes vulnerable right now and if she cant get a little sensitivity from her own bf-the father and discuss this calmly then it would be nice if she had a little support here.

Im not saying her demanding attitude is okay btw or her expectations but being left alone to deal with this is hard and personally i think hes an asshole. Hes happy to **** her but not prepared to even acknowledge the consequences. A good person would let her decide with no pressure-not ram it down her throat that she promised years ago to have an abortion.

Many women have changed their mind standing in the clinic with a pill in their hand and if you dont have the enotional intelligence to understand the complex feelings and emotions pregnancy brings or the love a woman has for her unborn baby then dont comment

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Oh, FFS. O.o

whoops, sorry man... meant to reply to Starnique.

No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    whoops, sorry man... meant to reply to Starnique.
    No, you wasnt even replying to me. Not like that you wasnt.

You are a selfish piece of human.....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast