+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does the phrase" later today" mean to most women?

What does the phrase" later today" mean to most women?

I want to know if somehow womens time frames are drastically different from mens, so is it? To me if I told someone I was doing something "later today" and said it at 9am and I used the word to(day) and not to(night) it would mean it would be early enough in my day I would be doing that something, or is my thinking wrong? Not sure why this is bothering me that they still have not done what they said they would be doing but it does.

This is not a gender specific issue. There are men and women who are hopeless at deadlines - or forget what they intended to do - or procrastinate - or simply say stuff to get you off their case.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

As a woman, if someone said later today, I would assume a text within that day, as long at it wasn't like at midnight.. general time frame, I'd think anytime between 5pm and 9pm

Why do you keep saying "most women" when in fact you only want to know about ONE PARTICULAR woman?

To me if I said - I'll do this by later today and I said it in my morning I would mean by 1 pm or 2 pm, but that is just me, depending on if I said it during a work day or not. But I would try to get it done before the end of the work day.

Some people use the terms later on, later today, later tonight to be deliberately vague so they don't have anyone coming back at them and saying, why isn't this done yet and they can go but I never gave a specific time I was doing it, more of a covering the ass generalized statement, in my opinion. Hope that helps.
    “I am the author of my life. Unfortunately I’m writing in pen and I can’t erase my mistakes.”

Thanks. I think a more honest thing for them so say to me would have been I will do it later in the week. So frustrated because still left undone.
    I said most because I can only go on my own experiences and most of the women I know don't see time frames the same as me, not just ex's but relatives and friends, it comes to a point where I think it is another he she thing.