+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did he sit away?

Why did he sit away?

Is it hard on a guy to be around the girl he likes when other guys are making her laugh and flirt? In that situation do you go sit somewhere else so you don't have to be around it, or hang around and try harder for her attention?

In my situation, I was sitting at a table with 2 guys and this guy who supposedly likes me, sat away from us, with 3 girls, close enough to hear our conversation. The two guys I was with make me laugh and we flirt and tease though one is married and the other has a girlfriend so the guy who likes me has nothing to worry about with me being around them.

So why did he sit away from us?

You are reading into it too much. He is just doing a normal thing....he just went to sit with others he wanted to socialize with.

He likes you, but you seem to be having a better time with them then you are with him. You're laughing, flirting etc ... he feels pressured to make you laugh/flirt with you more then them. How could he do that when those two guys (in relationships or not) are doing it better then he can?

Why sit next to you like a lame duck with these two confident, flirtatious men? He won't be able to give you the attention he wants to give you because you are two busy with them.

Side note: He might not know one is married and the other has a girlfriend?

what he did was normal, he didn't want to disturb you and your other male friends or intrude, you should have got up and invited him to join you instead.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

So that he could find people to sit with who would involve him in their conversation.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's just normal.