+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Attractive Girl Turned Down by Nerdy Guy! Why?

Ya I have to agree. I have a policy that I would never date anyone associated with my job. I'm sure he has the same policy so stop taking this so god damn personal and respect the man's decision to not date you. end of.

So you think if I decided to approach him after I graduate ( which I'm not planning to do (approach again I mean lol), just theoretically) or transferred to a different university (again, I'm not planning to do that because of this) he would then suddenly say yes, sure now we can?

Quote Originally Posted by Fjortis View Post
    So you think if I decided to approach him after I graduate ( which I'm not planning to do (approach again I mean lol), just theoretically) or transferred to a different university (again, I'm not planning to do that because of this) he would then suddenly say yes, sure now we can?
    No, this is not at all what people are telling you.

He doesn't want to date you, he very likely will never want to date you.

You are either a troll or a mentally challenged person to seriously have difficulties understanding why it isn't strange at all that a person that is "nerdy" in your opinion would turn down a person that is "attractive" in your opinion. I mean why would you even assume otherwise? It's not at all implicit that a "nerdy" person would automatically want to date ANY "attractive" person that flirted with them.

i think you are wasting your time on him, as of now a lost cause and this is how rumors about people start, so don't harass him and give yourself a bad name where you live. sort of hoping you are trolling.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

No no, I want "chase" him, or do anything, I guess I'm just the kind of person who especially dislikes to hear a "no" I know, I know, this is life and everything can't go the way I want to, I'm just saying. Plus I'm pretty sure if he did say yes, after a couple of dates I'd find I don't really know what to do with him, I have a different idea of the right partner for me, and a number of guys who do Not ignore me like that come much closer to it. It's just whenever there's a challenge, the situation with obstacles and restrictions, it sparks my interest and I enjoy this kind of "chase" and do somewhat get carried away sometimes, not because I'm obsessed with the actual person in it (so either I'm a big exception, or it's not only men who enjoy a good chase every once in a while). Very hard for me to fall in love "on smooth and even ground". Maybe I should work on that..

You're coming to a healthier understanding of this based on your above post. Just remember that as you get older, you'll find increasingly that looks alone aren't going to guarantee you the man you want. It's different when you're in your teens and early 20s. Looks tend to reign supreme. But that will change as you get older.

Yes, you definitely should work on your mental/psychological problems. In the meanwhile, leave the man alone.

He was being a professional. End stop.

I've seen a lot.

I'm not going to lie to you, 90-60-90 measurements are irrelevant when a woman has mental issues and even mental issues are easier tolerated when deep down there's a good sympathetic person. Go back to the basics, learn to be a good humble person, because by harming others and being spiteful you're condemning yourself to be forever alone. Sad but true. Getting a suntan also helps.

Old thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234