+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attractive Girl Turned Down by Nerdy Guy! Why?

Attractive Girl Turned Down by Nerdy Guy! Why?

Ok so, I am a bit confused.
    My question may sound a bit conceited to some, but I actually just don't understand why!
    He is around 40. Was my instructor at university just a couple of weeks ago.
    I'm over 18, a young girl considered very attractive by guys (and girls).
    I'm not his student anymore and never will be.
    He is not married, Not good looking, really nerdy, in fact everyone is saying how awkward and ugly and weird he is, and I don't mean it in a mean way, but to rule out the suggestion that he has many other girls to chose from for instance, because if he was attractive and got a lot of attention I wouldn't be asking this..
    So for some reason the idea of approaching him got exciting for me!
    So I sent him an email, just asking a couple of questions that were very neutral but not exactly school-related (like what he specializes in).
    He ignored this email.
    So then, the next day, I just walked into his office and straight up asked him if he'd like to join me for some drinks or coffee over the weekend.
    He looked very flattered and smiled a lot but said no, he can't!
    I asked why - he said he doesn't date students. I told him that I'm not his student anymore - he said that he just doesn't date students..
    I told him that if he changes his mind - here's my number, call or text me, and handed him the paper with my number that I had ready.
    He said "Thank you, I won't, but thank you"
    Then after that I sent him another email as a "P.S." to that short conversation we had, where I said that I like him, and that I even made up some reasons to show up to his office and talk to him and things like that. It wasn't a very "dramatic" email, I used a lot of smiley faces, it was just nice and cute.
    To be honest, I thought he'd at least respond with a short line like "that's very nice to hear, but unfortunately as I said I can't..." or something like that.
    But he just ignored it again.
    So I don't understand, why did he turn me down? Did he personally find me That unattractive for his taste? Though it is kind of frowned upon, you're allowed to date students you don't teach anymore. And I would for sure Not be taking any more of the courses where he's instructor. I mean, most guys, even if they are not IN LOVE with the girl, if they find her attractive, and she approached them and asked to go for a coffee/drinks sometime, would accept her invitation on a date, and even good-looking guys would..
    And he doesn't get too many girls approaching him for sure, I was probably the first one ever, I could tell that he was pretty taken aback and confused.
    So why did he refuse me/ignore my emails then?
    (P.S. If I was him, I would go! )
    Last edited by Fjortis; 23-11-13 at 03:32 AM.

First of all why do you like him?
    Why should he believe your sympathy?

Mabybe your age is the problem. if he would date you it would look ugly in society eyes cause he could be your father and he teaches young girls like you. So if his students would see it then they will want date him too. Cause other girls would think hes hot since girl like you is interested in him. He understand this and dont wana get too much attention. When you are older peace is better than adventures. Also realise that pedagogs are prepared to ignore students who fell in love with them. Its normal and they are told to ignore and act cold against these students.

Anyway you have nothging to lose in this situation its he whos nerd and can get too easly attached and find hard to forget about you. Guy would do smart by keep ignoring you.

Find someone your age and dont be like this girl.

Last edited by pcmaster; 23-11-13 at 05:40 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

He's not interested in dating students. He told you and that's why he's ignoring you. It has nothing to do with your looks obviously because if it did, he would go out with you. You act as if he's obligated to go out with you because you're attractive. You're a few emails away from harassing him. Grow up and respect his decision. He doesn't date students, doesn't want you so move on.

Cause other girls would think hes hot since girl like you is interested in him. He understand this and dont wana get too much attention. When you are older peace is better than adventures.
    Wow a guy who is not married doesn't want some positive attention from girls? And I didn't think 40 was too old when it comes to men wanting women/their attention.. (even many 50-55 year old guys try to look younger and hit on young girls and even very young girls (how appropriate it is is a different question, but it does happen, too often)..
    For some reason I really feel like "bugging" the guy in some "non-negative" way for a bit more though...
    But after watching the video you included in your post, I questioned whether my case actually has to do with some attraction to him, or just like with this girl - bugging someone shy and awkward for the fun of it (only in a non-negative way so far). I wouldn't want to do that to him, he looked happy when I approached him, so I don't want him to now think it all was actually a prank or something, but still I really do want to find a way to get him to go out with me somehow! : )
    He's not interested in dating students. He told you and that's why he's ignoring you.
    With no chance to get him to change his mind whatsoever? : P

Seriously?! Normal 40 year old men are not interested in 18 year old girls. Moreover, his employer has rules against dating any students....this also effects his relationship with his collegues. Lol. I mean, I know you think your pussy is just the most fantastic thing on the planet right now but as you mature you'll find out it's not a tool. Good luck!

You have a lot to learn about men and life in general. There's a teeny bopper forum on here that is more up your alley.
    Last edited by surfhb2; 23-11-13 at 07:52 AM.

Either A. He's not interested due to the age difference, i'm only 26, but i still wouldn't want to start a relationship with an 18 year old, no offense but the maturity level of most girls that young is a turn off. Or B. He's actually following a rule, current student or not i'm sure it would be frowned on for him to have a relationship with you outside of student/teacher. And also not all guys are so shallow that just because you're attractive they'd consider you, there's ALOT of other factors that are in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjortis View Post
    Ok so, I am a bit confused.
    My question may sound a bit conceited to some, but I actually just don't understand why!
    He is around 40. Was my instructor at university just a couple of weeks ago.
    I'm over 18, a young girl considered very attractive by guys (and girls).
    I'm not his student anymore and never will be.
    He is not married, Not good looking, really nerdy, in fact everyone is saying how awkward and ugly and weird he is, and I don't mean it in a mean way, but to rule out the suggestion that he has many other girls to chose from for instance, because if he was attractive and got a lot of attention I wouldn't be asking this..
    So for some reason the idea of approaching him got exciting for me!
    So I sent him an email, just asking a couple of questions that were very neutral but not exactly school-related (like what he specializes in).
    He ignored this email.
    So then, the next day, I just walked into his office and straight up asked him if he'd like to join me for some drinks or coffee over the weekend.
    He looked very flattered and smiled a lot but said no, he can't!
    I asked why - he said he doesn't date students. I told him that I'm not his student anymore - he said that he just doesn't date students..
    I told him that if he changes his mind - here's my number, call or text me, and handed him the paper with my number that I had ready.
    He said "Thank you, I won't, but thank you"
    Then after that I sent him another email as a "P.S." to that short conversation we had, where I said that I like him, and that I even made up some reasons to show up to his office and talk to him and things like that. It wasn't a very "dramatic" email, I used a lot of smiley faces, it was just nice and cute.
    To be honest, I thought he'd at least respond with a short line like "that's very nice to hear, but unfortunately as I said I can't..." or something like that.
    But he just ignored it again.
    So I don't understand, why did he turn me down? Did he personally find me That unattractive for his taste? Though it is kind of frowned upon, you're allowed to date students you don't teach anymore. And I would for sure Not be taking any more of the courses where he's instructor. I mean, most guys, even if they are not IN LOVE with the girl, if they find her attractive, and she approached them and asked to go for a coffee/drinks sometime, would accept her invitation on a date, and even good-looking guys would..
    And he doesn't get too many girls approaching him for sure, I was probably the first one ever, I could tell that he was pretty taken aback and confused.
    So why did he refuse me/ignore my emails then?
    (P.S. If I was him, I would go! )
    ... lmao ...

Didn't we tell you that you were being foolish to think he would be interested in you, a student.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You are too young for him and dating a student (even if allowed) is still frowned upon.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

He was clearly thinking with his brain and not his dick.

maybe hes had charges from ex students in past about misconduct true or otherwise and he is protecting himself by no longer dating or associating with students past or present anymore, which is wise on his part. because even though a ex student of his people can still gossip he was ****ing you while his student and underage so i fully get why he won't. respect his choices.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Welcome to the world of every guy on the face of the earth. Gasp! Most people aren't attracted to you. I know, it's nearly impossible for most women to comprehend.

He sounds like a guy who has his stuff together. You, as a young, immature girl, have little to offer him. That's likely why he isn't interested.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    Welcome to the world of every guy on the face of the earth. Gasp! Most people aren't attracted to you. I know, it's nearly impossible for most women to comprehend.
    That's not true. Especially not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    That's not true. Especially not for me.
    Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha

This post is hysterical. Such conceitedness is hard to comprehend
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You're not being forward enough. Next time you make a move show up naked in his classroom and handcuff your wrists to something overhead and be like "oh no I'm completely helpless here I hope nobody takes advantage of the situation". Say it with a wink and a smile, that way he doesn't actually feel like he's violating you. He will appreciate the bold move. If he doesn't get the hint then he is probably gay. And if that's the case let me know, I'll give you advice on how to convert him.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast