+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Formal Season

Formal Season

Hey everyone!
    So theres this guy that I'm really close to that I think I might like. I really enjoy being with him and its weird that he'll always try to be by me, walk next to me, or try to get into conversations that I'm having but then he doesn't do anything else or make more of a move which confuses me because we often act like more than friends but sometimes its weird.
    There's this awkward girl at school who apparently likes him and was asking around if he had asked anyone to our formal dance yet. Actually this guys best friend told me about the other girl because the guy doesn't like her or want to talk to her and stuff and I don't think he actually wanted me to know about it either. See when I confronted him about it, I laughed and he seemed worried that I knew and he was telling me how he didn't want to be mean and say no to her but he also did not like her at all. He told me he didn't know what to do and was going to have to find a date in the next week before she asked him. I just laughed about it and gave him advice on how to reject a girl nicely by saying he wanted to go with friends and stuff like that and then we ended the conversation.
    After this happened though I began to get worried about it. I don't want to risk my friendship with this guy but I also don't know exactly how he feels. I really want to be his date to the dance but I don't know what he's planning to do about it. I'm not really worried about the other girl, but I am confused about him and what I should do to not mess things up.
    I could really use some advice on how to proceed and some insight about what this guy is actually thinking/doing.
    Thanks

Just ask him. If hes spending time with you-he likes you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

It may sound lame but I don't want to be so foreword about it. Especially now that theres another girl involved... I don't know what to do about her

Shes not involved lol. Shes a little crush on him and hes not interested. Full stop. You dont need to be formal. Just send him a text saying "will you take me to the dance "

Hes not gonna say no. Seriously he likes you. He wouldnt even bother talking to you if he didnt

Oh sorry just realized you said forward.. am when i was your age i would tell my friend trevor if i had a crush on someone and pretend im shy or that i dont want him to no and then good old trevor would play match maker win win

Ask him to go to the dance with you. Neither of you owe this other girl anything; plus if he has already agreed to go with you, he had the perfect & kind excuse not to go with her. If word gets around that he's going with you, she may not even ask.

You could say this "So have you asked anyone to the dance yet?" "No one has asked me to the dance yet." If he doesn't get the hint, then he is just a dummy.