+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lessons Learned - What are yours?

hmm lessons hey okay then:

> Always take a chance, its better to fail than to regret (a couple of opportunities i wish i took a chance with and didn't)
    > Never take it further with a friend, unless they start something first (two situations in my life taught me this, including one recent one)
    > listen to your head as well as your heart before jumping into things, and don't get too carried away too quickly (I'm the kind of head over heels kind of guy)

My lesson learned is that you never take your partner for granted. I have been married for 8 years have 2 wonderful children. During that time we got too busy living our lives and forgot about making one another happy. We so to speak stopped loving one another. We quit working on our relationship and basically became lazy. The result was our relationship became very bad and we were not happy. It takes work.... simple work, but work nonetheless. All you need to do is keep on dating one another and keep the romance and spark alive. A relationship is like a flower it needs nourishment without it will wither and die.
    Variety is the spice of life! Work on your relationship every single day and you will be rewarded greatly. Visit www.revupyourrelationship.com for advice

One thing I've learned is to never give somebody just one chance, expecting it be a way to find somebody perfect and who will never hurt you. People aren't perfect they will sometimes do things that make you feel hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightkisses View Post
    One thing I've learned is to never give somebody just one chance, expecting it be a way to find somebody perfect and who will never hurt you. People aren't perfect they will sometimes do things that make you feel hurt.
    Funny you say that--the harsh lesson I learned is the opposite:

To get it through my thick skull that is someone breaks it off once--it means they're not interested ENOUGH. Let them go instead of giving more chances. Otherwise things will deteriorate and hurt more--while there's high mistrust and false hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches1605 View Post
    If someone leaves you once, they'll leave you again.

You can't make it work with someone who isn't that bothered.

If someone takes advantage of you, get out. Now. They won't stop just because you're hurt.
    TRUE! I learned this the hard way.

My lessons:

>> do not listen to words, but do not looks at just actions either. consistent actions that show love/caring/devotion over TIME is what is required before trusting someone. Take things slow and do not upgrade someone to a higher position in your mind until they've proven they deserve it or truly want it.
    >> you cannot actually trust ANYONE. such is life. you need to learn to be ok with loss and being alone (I haven't achieved this yet). Because until you get rid of the fear of loss, you cannot feel secure and be good enough to be loved.
    >> make sure that the people you love having in your life actually KNOW that they are appreciated and feel it. so as to avoid regrets.

These are the things off the top of my head, brought on by recent events. I'm most likely forgetting other lessons atm.

Keep trying and fighting every chance you get in life. People come and leave only factor constant is ourself.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    All women are difficult. It's just a matter of how difficult.
    All women are crazy. Just Find one whos crazyness you love.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Thats actually really nice pc. Such a romantic

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

take the time to listen more, understand better, just because it isn't a feeling or way i think doesn't mean i shouldn't try to understand the reasons or whys behind it more. just validate they matter more.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

If you want love then care what happens in other person heart and let them know how you feel too. Dont be a stranger.

Some of my life lessons I have learned as it relates to dating:

- Wash the blood off your hands before you go out
    - Ignore the voices while you are on a date. They will just get you in trouble.
    - The line "Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform?" will never work.
    - When on a bad date you want to end, fake a heart attack. This also works for gaining sympathy from a date you like.
    - It's only funny until someone gets hurt..... and then it's HILARIOUS!
    - Why do they call them fingers when they don't fing?

:-)

(P.S. I hope this goes without saying that... you know... most of those were a joke).

Never date anyone who doesn't have a passion or hobby

What if they have a passion for having no passion, and their hobby is to avoid all hobbies? ;-)

That means person is full with emptyness.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast