+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: The looks scale, how do guys rate?

Lmao i just watched it. The video came up. Shes fairly annoying but right. If you say you get along better with guys then girls and have mostly guy friends.. then your the problem-not other girls.. i love my gal pals

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I was thinking the same exact thing! It brings this video to mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXA0H-SGMrA watch it Ugly_Swan, I think it applies to you pretty well.
    WOAAAHHH I just watched it....and I was actually taken aback by the fact that it' less relevant to me/this than I expected from you o.O

Ummmm...lol I don't even know what to say. Think what you want.

Not a guy, but I have several brothers and they would say that one is a 9, which meant hot would have sex with, and make friends jealous. I don't know why guys like rating but I usually ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Coz i dont like guys who treat women like pieces of meat or objects. Id never date a guy who has this mentality or who rates a girl purely on her looks. Their twats. The only approval i need is my bfs.

I don't like guys who do that either. That's why I scoff at guys who drool over the way a woman looks and absolutely refuse to acknowledge anything else about her even if she has other outstanding qualities that are really obvious. But that's not what the number scale is for. "Rating you purely on your looks" is different from "rating your looks". "She's a 9" = "rating her looks". "She's a 9 and will never be anything other than a nice ass and pair of tits" = "Rating her purely on her looks". The latter is what you're complaining about when the former is the subject at hand.

Replace "looks" with literally any other quality that can exist in a human being and this will make perfect sense. What you're complaining about is the equivalent of me calling someone smart (or calling their intelligence an 8/10 or whatever) and that person complaining because I'm saying she's "nothing but a brain that exists for the sole purpose of solving math problems". Use a little common sense here, you KNOW that's not what I'm saying. Yet you have to make just as massive of a leap to get from "9 on the looks scale" to "I think of you as nothing but a pair of tits for me to drool over" as you do here with the intelligence rating.

Some/most women will be annoyed guys evaluate women on their looks.

Some/most Guys will continue to think "She's hot," or "she's average," or "she's busted" until the end of humanity.

End thread.

There really isn't any debate here, because one sex's way of thinking is never going to sway the other sex.

Guys see women. We think some of them are hot. We think some of them are average. We think some of them are ugly. That will never change.

And it's not wrong. Unless, of course, you think people are not allowed to form their own opinions.

I didnt say that was wrong did i. I said standing at a bar with 9 of your mates rating women with a number is wrong. Again missing the point. This isnt about men vs women badger. Your the only one thinking it is.

I didnt say that was wrong did i. I said standing at a bar with 9 of your mates rating women with a number is wrong. Again missing the point. This isnt about men vs women badger. Your the only one thinking it is.

In reading this thread, it sure as heck seems like it's about men vs. women. Most of the women differ greatly from men in their opinions of the rating scale, so there is obviously a divide in thinking.

I have still yet to hear a convincing argument of why a guy assigning a number to a women's looks is "wrong." Aside from the fact that some women just don't like it.

Objectifying a woman is saying "she's nothing but a nice rack." I agree that this is a terrible way to think. BUT NO ONE IN THIS THREAD IS THINKING THAT WAY.

Again, not a single guy in 11 pages is condoning the thinking that all a woman is worth is her looks. We are saying that an important component of our attraction to women is her looks, and the number scale is an easy way of evaluating her looks. *Not her entire worth as a person.*

This isn't difficult to understand.

Well men are not the ones being rated with this scale. Your the ones doing it so of course your gonna try and justify it like its no big deal. But refusing to even acknowledge why women dont like it or how it makes some women feel by just jumping up and down saying its not a big deal just makes you an asshole with no emotional intelligence.

Well men are not the ones being rated with this scale. Your the ones doing it so of course your gonna try and justify it like its no big deal. But refusing to even acknowledge why women dont like it or how it makes some women feel by just jumping up and down saying its not a big deal just makes you an asshole with no emotional intelligence.

Actually, screaming "asshole with no emotional intelligence" from the rooftop with no basis to back it up other than men disagreeing with you - and ignoring every single point they make while still screaming these blind accusations - makes you an asshole with no emotional intelligence.

For all the obsession with how women feel did you ever stop to think how it makes men feel when you continuously scream these blind accusations against them every single time a man does or says something that fails to conform to your EXTREMELY narrow tunnel vision regarding the way a man should be? Do you have any idea what a sexist prick a man would be viewed as being if he were like this in his judgement of women?

Or do you simply not care? Speaking of things that make you an asshole with no emotional intelligence...

Nobody here has given one reason why the rating scale is okay. Ive given numerous reasons of why its not if you read back through my past posts. All you guys are saying is its harmless and not intended to hurt anybody but it does. Thats my point from the start and you continue to defend it.

Simply acknowledging that it hurts some people is enough not to be called an asshole.

And yes maybe i do have certain expectations but thats coz the men i associate with dont do this and maybe theve set my standards a little higher and ive more respect for men who treat women with respect and not as objects

Last edited by michelle23; 30-11-13 at 09:49 AM.

Nobody here has given one reason why the rating scale is okay. Ive given numerous reasons of why its not if you read back through my past posts. All you guys are saying is its harmless and not intended to hurt anybody but it does. Thats my point from the start and you continue to defend it.

Simply acknowledging that it hurts some people is enough not to be called an asshole.

And yes maybe i do have certain expectations but thats coz the men i associate with dont do this and maybe theve set my standards a little higher and ive more respect for men who treat women with respect and not as objects

The fact that you're still going on about respect for women and treating them as objects is proof that you're either not reading any of my posts or you haven't gotten one of them right yet in your interpretation. I've countered that point over and over again. Instead of acknowledging any counterpoints I've made here you are regurgitating the same shit that as already been countered, like everything someone with a different opinion has to say just goes right over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23
    Re-read post #158. You know damn well that you were not "simply acknowledging that it hurts some people". And you know damn well that's not all there was to the sentiment I was responding to.

Edit: I'm amazed that this thread hasn't been closed yet.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 30-11-13 at 10:14 AM.

But my opinion is not gonna change on the subject just coz you believe its not intended to hurt people coz it does hurt people

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    Again, not a single guy in 11 pages is condoning the thinking that all a woman is worth is her looks. We are saying that an important component of our attraction to women is her looks, and the number scale is an easy way of evaluating her looks. *Not her entire worth as a person.*
    We all agree on this. It's not the point we are making (at least, it's not the one I am making). The rating scale is part of a whole societal mentality that sees women as objects rather than subjects - in this specific case, as sexual objects. It's not the rating scale per se that is bad. It makes no practical difference whether you think "oh she's hot" or you think "oh she's an 8". The problem is the whole societal mentality behind the rating scale.

Again I point you to this article: http://cratesandribbons.com/2013/06/08/the-objectification-of-women-it-goes-much-further-than-sexy-pictures/

It's obvious that no one here is going to change his or her opinion.

That's fine. I respect any and all opinions different from my own, though I don't agree with them.

Men everywhere will continue to judge women by their looks, among a slew of other characteristics, and many women will continue not to like it.

The sun will still rise tomorrow morning.

Mods, can we close this thread? It's been 11 pages of going in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    Men everywhere will continue to judge women by their looks, among a slew of other characteristics, and many women will continue not to like it.
    Michelle and I will certainly not be among those women. You are missing the point.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast