+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The looks scale, how do guys rate?

You'd be surprised. Working out will improve your physical appearance regardless of how good you look now. And that is assuming you are assessing your body accurately. It will also make your face more appealing. It will make your skin have a glow, and guys WILL pick up on the fact that you're in shape. There IS a major difference between a girl with a decent body and a girl with a decent body who gets herself into better shape.

Additionally, working out will help you feel better about yourself. You seem to feel quite badly about yourself and working out is one of the best ways to build confidence in your appearance and in general.

I bet if you were walking around confident, smiling, fit, bouncy, energized, etc., guys would find you much more attractive than if you are droopy, depressed, and giving off a "I feel hideous" vibe. Nothing will change unless something changes.

I found this, I don't fully agree with it but I find it amusing that someone took the time to even do it. I find the 1-3 cruel.

Ugly_Swan, you, joanna1 and starnique should post your pics, not to be rated but you are three women in the discussion about womens looks.
    I think lots of women underestimate their attractiveness, which is an attractive quality to me, not be into yourself so much that you think no guy is up to your level.

OP to be honest, very few people qualify as good looking. I have no problem rating my looks a 5 (though I still think the numbers system is silly). I'm short, skinny, and average looking in the face. Who cares? Does it hurt me with the opposite sex? Sure it does. But you can't go around everyday concerned about your looks. That's no way to live.

In my entire social circle, I'd say one or two people are above average in looks. I'm single, but the majority of the people I know are in relationships, so their looks obviously don't stop them from finding significant others.

I do find the above chart pretty cruel. Making fun of
    people with deformities ain't cool. That aside, I find most of the
    women average looking. I find most people average looking, actually. It's rare a woman or a man's looks stands out to me.

There are maybe two women up there ^^ who would turn my head at Starbucks. I think the blond
    9 on the top row, three in from the right is particularly pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    9 on the top row, three in from the right is particularly pretty.

Edit: I'm actually serious. Run a google search on "Kim Petras". I'd still smash tho, so no judgement here.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 25-11-13 at 05:19 AM.

Dick, if you're serious, that's nuts. I still want to hook up with her (him?)

Jeez i wonder which woman broke these guys lol. I see good looking women all the time who aint bitchy and also have a brain.. if your that cynical then no wonder women are bitchy towards you thats all ill say.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Ill just add how can you say everyone you know is average? Compared to what exactly? If your comparing them all to airbrushed fake anorexic models then of course your gonna be disapointed. Real women are not supposed to look like that so id say the ones your rating as a 5 are actually a 10 IRL..

Natural beauty is a beautiful thing and you men cant see it. Shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by RobertWQ View Post
    You'd be surprised. Working out will improve your physical appearance regardless of how good you look now. And that is assuming you are assessing your body accurately. It will also make your face more appealing. It will make your skin have a glow, and guys WILL pick up on the fact that you're in shape. There IS a major difference between a girl with a decent body and a girl with a decent body who gets herself into better shape.

Additionally, working out will help you feel better about yourself. You seem to feel quite badly about yourself and working out is one of the best ways to build confidence in your appearance and in general.

I bet if you were walking around confident, smiling, fit, bouncy, energized, etc., guys would find you much more attractive than if you are droopy, depressed, and giving off a "I feel hideous" vibe. Nothing will change unless something changes.
    T_T But I AM bubbly/cheerful when out with people --and love smiling. fml.

I don't think anything except plastic surgery will make my face better lol

But thanks for the advice--lol you're giving me reasons to work out, which I want =D

Quote Originally Posted by somehelp4me View Post
    I found this, I don't fully agree with it but I find it amusing that someone took the time to even do it. I find the 1-3 cruel.

Ugly_Swan, you, joanna1 and starnique should post your pics, not to be rated but you are three women in the discussion about womens looks.
    I think lots of women underestimate their attractiveness, which is an attractive quality to me, not be into yourself so much that you think no guy is up to your level.

I actually don't mind posting pic but scaaaaaaared lol.

According to this chart (which I've seen before on several blogs), I'm lucky if I'm a 6.

OP looks are not everything. Stop placing your whole self worth on your looks. Most guys are not as cynical as the few who answered your qs here. Most are not so shallow either. And the only reason they call good looking women bitches is coz there insecure and dont have the balls or self confidence to ask a good looking woman out.

Think of the best looking, single man you know and go ask him out. Bet hell say yes. Good looking men are not half as shallow as average or below average guys. Believe me my bf is drop dead gorgeous and looks are not important to him. Even though im good looking IMO- that is not the reason he loves me. Hes seen my looking my worst and still treats me like royalty

Michelle, you're overgeneralizing and not being fair to the posters here. I explicitly said that I don't usually think in these terms but I was answering her question.

Additonally, I have asked out (and gone out with) plenty of beautiful women, including women who are 9s and one who I really considered a 10 and in the top 3-4 most beautiful women I've ever personally met. These women were not bitches, but many are. Oftentimes they are not the 9s and 10s but the 7s and 8s if you want to get really specific about it. Additionally, if you live in an affluent and conservative area like I do, you will often notice a smugness and a bitchiness on the part of many women ... so part of it depends on where you live. Your generalizations are simply not accurate here.

There are many women I see frequently who are pretty, but who I would not want to be around given the choice, even if they said yes when I asked them out, and this is due to their attitudes. And again, it is about location as well.

I was referring to whoever said most women are average etc. And whoever said most attractive women are bitches. Thats crazy to assume. Plus you guys are doing nothing for this girls obvious insecurity by even answering her qs. The rating scale is bollox and its shallow-only created to make women feel like crap and look at the good job you guys are doing with this girl so obsessed with her looks to the point of OCD. men dont like being compared to other men and fyi women dont like being rated

Last edited by michelle23; 25-11-13 at 10:59 AM.

Chill out. We are answering a question she asked. And the OP is not the same chick. And I also gave good suggestions to the other girl about how to improve a problem that has absolutely nothing to do with anything that was posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertWQ View Post
    I don't usually think in these terms, but I'll give some examples. If we are talking about looks only for the most part.

4 - An average girl who doesn't keep herself fit. Most girls will be at least a 5-7 if they workout.

5 - An average looking girl who is not unattractive but not especially attractive.

6 - Slightly prettier than average

7 - Noticeably prettier than average, but not necessarily stunning

8 - Definitely prettier than average, but perhaps isn't in good shape or something like that

9 - Gorgeous, but maybe isn't in tip top shape

9.5 - A 9 who may not be physically a 10 but whom you are especially fond of.

10 - I've only seen one recently. This girl was absolutely stunning from head to toe. Gorgeous face, big boobs (not necessary to be a 10), totally in shape, great legs.

Here's the tricky issue about answering the question -- we girls don't know definition of "Attractive" in terms of the rating scale. Like how would "Slightly" attractive look like? Like face-wise. I know science has answers on what is universally beautiful--but it's still hard for a girl to assess where she or others are on a SCALE of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    The rating scale is bollox and its shallow-only created to make women feel like crap
    That tin-foil hat looks great on you. Brings out your eyes

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast