+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The looks scale, how do guys rate?

Every person has a different idea of whats attractive and whats not. Its really silly to ask people to rate you coz there all gonna have a different answer. Some could think your hot, others not.. just be yourself. Plenty will love you for it. Feck those who dont

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    OP to be honest, very few people qualify as good looking. I have no problem rating my looks a 5 (though I still think the numbers system is silly). I'm short, skinny, and average looking in the face. Who cares? Does it hurt me with the opposite sex? Sure it does. But you can't go around everyday concerned about your looks. That's no way to live.

In my entire social circle, I'd say one or two people are above average in looks. I'm single, but the majority of the people I know are in relationships, so their looks obviously don't stop them from finding significant others.

I do find the above chart pretty cruel. Making fun of
    people with deformities ain't cool. That aside, I find most of the
    women average looking. I find most people average looking, actually. It's rare a woman or a man's looks stands out to me.

There are maybe two women up there ^^ who would turn my head at Starbucks. I think the blond
    9 on the top row, three in from the right is particularly pretty.
    I think out of that chart several in the 7 spot are worthy of the 8 and 9 spot and some in 9's are not 9's imo.
    Plus there isn't much ethic diversity going on in the guys chart either, it doesn't play to everyones tastes.
    I've never seen anyone I ever felt was a 10.

She asked what mens thinking is on the rating system, obviously since she is a she, she probably thinks the same way on the rating system as most females might and she isn't asking anyone to rate her, seems to want to understand how men think.

joanna1- everyone sees beauty differently, and would rate looks differently according to their ideal of beauty same as women would.

I read on one visit a guy called Rude something asking women to RATE HIS LOOKS, didn't see any women complaining on that thread LOL

Ugly swan, was only commenting, you don't have to post anything you don't want to post.
    I was going to post my picture but then I saw the thread where you do it is locked so I didn't.

Lol badger youve never seen a 10 so by modern mens standards a 10 is a figment of your imagination that dont exist? Right... got it

10 out of 10 means perfect to me. So no, I don't know anyone who looks perfect. We all have flaws.

This whole idea that every female --- or every human, even --- is some kind of beautiful specimen is, well, crazy.

Most humans are somewhere around average looking. I include myself as "average looking."

You look how you look. Some people look much better than others. And we are free to think of each other what we want.

Its just so shallow. Not just what people here are saying but the modern world in general.

Plus if perfect dont exist, then 10 shouldnt equal perfect. Again the rating scale is a load of horse shit

Michelle I agree with you that a person basing another person's worth *only* on looks is shallow. But no one here is doing that. What I, at least, am saying is that looks is an important part of the dating and relationship equation, and some people look better than others. That's it, really. It's not more complicated than that.

What I do think is an issue is people worrying so much about what others think of how they look.

If you lined up me and Tom Brady in a room with 100 women, 100 women would say Tom Brady looks better than me.

Who cares?

Drop the 10 point scale my brothers and adopt the Cerby certified 2 point scale:

1: Nope, would not sleep with.
    2: Yep, would definitely do the no-pants dance with her.

There is nothing in the middle, and no arbitrary numbers. Just a simple 1 or 2. So much easier to communicate with your brotherhood as well. A simple point and a "two" with your index and middle finger and the guys will know who you're looking at and what you think. Like a sexual sign language, and great for wingmen communication in loud and crowded clubs.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Drop the 10 point scale my brothers and adopt the Cerby certified 2 point scale:

1: Nope, would not sleep with.
    2: Yep, would definitely do the no-pants dance with her.

There is nothing in the middle, and no arbitrary numbers. Just a simple 1 or 2. So much easier to communicate with your brotherhood as well. A simple point and a "two" with your index and middle finger and the guys will know who you're looking at and what you think. Like a sexual sign language, and great for wingmen communication in loud and crowded clubs.
    I like the simplicity of this approach. But at the same time the simplicity is the problem. For example, you take a girl who you believe to be a 1 - then depending on how desperate/drugged/drunk/desperate you are she might become a 2. How would you deal with that?

This is why i dont like the us mentality. The reason i hate the whole rating scale is coz its alien to me. I grew up with a lot of guy friends and none of them ever did this. Your brought up in a society where you cant even show a boob on tv but people are sex mad and you guys act like something out of american pie. Pretty f up

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    This is why i dont like the us mentality. The reason i hate the whole rating scale is coz its alien to me. I grew up with a lot of guy friends and none of them ever did this. Your brought up in a society where you cant even show a boob on tv but people are sex mad and you guys act like something out of american pie. Pretty f up
    You're just annoyed 'cos everyone tells you you're a 5.

Lol ive never been rated-not to my face anyway and im not insecure about how i look so i really dont care how people rate me. I just think the rating scale is shallow snd only designed to make women feel bad about themselves

If a person feels bad about how she looks, the problem is within her, not a silly scale or "society."

Millions of guys are better looking than me. I still like myself. The guys on billboards look cooler than me. I still have plenty of confidence.

If you are that affected by what other people think of you, you have deeper issues, and are going to have a tough time in life.

There's no problem with the scale, aside from the fact it's kind of ridiculous.

As I said before, we are free to think of people however we want. If I decide a woman is hot or a woman is ugly, that' my decision to make and none of her business. The same holds true for whatever she decides of me.

i don't think anything is wrong with men or women using the 1-10 scale for fun etc only is rude if they do it to others faces, or to shame hurt someone they don't like. most i date are around the 7 of the scale. i think youngcosmo made a thread in another section asking what most date 7s or up or below. nothing wrong with discussing it, not sure why michelle is being so gd rude in this thread not only to men but to joanna1 and also to ugly swan with that one or two comments directed to the women. this forum is for women to ask men what they think and how they relate either differently or the same as women and for men to feel free to reply without being attacked, neither the woman making the thread or the men politely discussing the thread should be bashed. big mistake, huge one. she even said it isn't up for "serious debate" so wtf.
    i'll read the article you linked and the .5s are like bonus points, not quite a whatever # but close enough.
    some one could tell me i was a 5 and i wouldn't care either, if you like yourself nothing anyone else says unless you are partnered with them should affect you directly. more men post rate me threads on this forum then women do so shows men want to be validated just as much, so not even a gender issue.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

If you feel like shit about yourself it's because of an internal deficiency or a lack of self-awareness that is throwing you off of your emotional balance. It's your ID telling you that you have got to work to change something in your life. Using a subjective digit as an excuse for said internal deficiency/lack of self-awareness is absolutely pathetic, I can't believe people are defending such an utter lack of personal responsibility.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 26-11-13 at 03:18 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast