+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The looks scale, how do guys rate?

Michelle, I think you're right, and it's probably a combination of things. People are more likely to casually date an unattractive person with no long term intentions, which leads to and imbalance in the feelings between the two. I do think life is easier in general for attractive people, but attraction does not necessarily gain you respect. Superficially things are easier, but being attractive has it's own set of problems. Consider the plight of very attractive women. Attractive women also have to deal with more jealousy/possessiveness and creeper/stalker/"nice guys". Many guys will show interest just because they're hot, and only want her for that. I know I've worked to nail a girl I wasn't all that interested in, just because she was hot, and then just stopped trying and rode it out until she got annoyed and left me alone. Doubt she(they) were too thrilled about it.

Ugly Swan, suit yourself, but denial isn't going to change your situation. I'm not worried about you, I could care less if you live or die.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Michelle, I think you're right, and it's probably a combination of things. People are more likely to casually date an unattractive person with no long term intentions, which leads to and imbalance in the feelings between the two. I do think life is easier in general for attractive people, but attraction does not necessarily gain you respect. Superficially things are easier, but being attractive has it's own set of problems. Consider the plight of very attractive women. Attractive women also have to deal with more jealousy/possessiveness and creeper/stalker/"nice guys". Many guys will show interest just because they're hot, and only want her for that. I know I've worked to nail a girl I wasn't all that interested in, just because she was hot, and then just stopped trying and rode it out until she got annoyed and left me alone. Doubt she(they) were too thrilled about it.

Ugly Swan, suit yourself, but denial isn't going to change your situation. I'm not worried about you, I could care less if you live or die.
    Never said I'm in denial--but sure, since assuming people are as bad as your are makes you warm and fuzzy inside.

I didn't assume you were bad, and I certainly didn't assume you were as bad as I am. You have proven yourself to be whiny, lazy, and unwilling to change, so those are not assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Swan View Post
    kaaayyyy so again people are discussing "Getting by in life" and getting good jobs lol and completely ignoring the type of men the unattractive women got. And it's not that there are no exceptions, but the general trend stands, since there are certain universal beauty standards (symmetry, big eyes, small chin, etc.).

I disagree about media, though. I think it's a biological or at very least societal thing, not a "brainwashing by marketing" thing.

But this isn't even my thread, so I'm out. Still can't believe the unwarranted rudeness I received from one of the posters--though it seems he has a habit of swearing at people on the forums.

I'm
    I guess I don't see what you're getting at. Do good-looking people tend to have more options in dating and relationships? Yes, I think they do. So? Life isn't fair.

If a man doesn't want to date a woman because she's ugly, that's his business, and he has every right to make that decision about her. And it's none of her damn business.

If a woman doesn't want to date me because she thinks I'm ugly, that's her decision to make, and she's free to make it. And I support her right to make it.

All the complaining in this thread seems to boil down to "life isn't fair and I don't like that men evaluate women on looks."

Tough. People - men and women - are free to judge each other however the hell they want. And it's no one else's business if they do.
    Last edited by HDBadger; 28-11-13 at 07:39 AM.

I didn't assume you were bad, and I certainly didn't assume you were as bad as I am. You have proven yourself to be whiny, lazy, and unwilling to change, so those are not assumptions.
    Again, there's actually no proof of that as you have no idea what I do, just what I think on one isolated topic. I never even gave personal examples.

So calm down your imagination. And stop using offensive language, it's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    I guess I don't see what you're getting at. Do good-looking people tend to have more options in dating and relationships? Yes, I think they do. So? Life isn't fair.

If a man doesn't want to date a woman because she's ugly, that's his business, and he has every right to make that decision about her. And it's none of her damn business.

If a woman doesn't want to date me because she thinks I'm ugly, that's her decision to make, and she's free to make it. And I support her right to make it.

All the complaining in this thread seems to boil down to "life isn't fair and I don't like that men evaluate women on looks."

Tough. People - men and women - are free to judge each other however the hell they want. And it's no one else's business if they do.
    But when did I complain? I was simply disagreeing with people that tried to say that this "unfair" aspect isn't true. Somebody was complaining about media, but that wasn't me.

I am now frustrated that people keep inferring things for which there is no basis-- LEARN TO READ , PEOPLE!!!!! Such a hostile and illiterate forum, it's ridiculous lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Swan View Post
    But when did I complain? I was simply disagreeing with people that tried to say that this "unfair" aspect isn't true. Somebody was complaining about media, but that wasn't me.

I am now frustrated that people keep inferring things for which there is no basis-- LEARN TO READ , PEOPLE!!!!! Such a hostile and illiterate forum, it's ridiculous lol
    Where did I say you were complaining? I said "all the complaining in this thread seems to boil down to..." I didn't say it was you complaining. You're the one who needs to learn reading comprehension. Make sure what you're saying actually makes sense before you throw rocks from that glass house of yours.

Where did I say you were complaining? I said "all the complaining in this thread seems to boil down to..." I didn't say it was you complaining. You're the one who needs to learn reading comprehension. Make sure what you're saying actually makes sense before you throw rocks from that glass house of yours.
    It sure sounded like you did because you replied specifically to my quote and started with "I guess I don't see what you're getting at. " as if to rebut all I've said thus far.

Glad I was wrong--but no need to get all "glass house" on me and to carry on the hostility.

And it still amazes me how there's still an ignored and and highly uncalled for and highly offensive comment (with a swear word) (not from you, HDBadger) =/ I think I'll stop coming to these forums now. People don't even discuss the actual thread topics, anyway.

Re: The looks scale, how do guys rate?

Ya i agree with you. If an attractive girl has nothing else going for her other than her looks then shes gonna have just as much heartbreak as an unattractive girl but she brings that on herself by using her looks, body etc to get ahead. Nobody wants an air head/bimbo for long. There annoying as f**k lol. Theres plenty of attractive women though who do have a brain and a great personality.

The only reason i jumped in on this thread to start with was coz some of the guys seemed to think theres no such thing. Some sounded v cynical and i dont know how it turned into 10 pages haha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

OK stop derailing this thread you guys or I'll shut it down....and Ugly_Swan stop poking the bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Darkshire View Post
    OK stop derailing this thread you guys or I'll shut it down....and Ugly_Swan stop poking the bear.
    WOAH WOAH! I get called a cunt and I'm the one called out????

Btw--I see what you did there, BackUpOrGetStng-- you edited your post so it no longer shows what you originally said -.-

I am being ganged up on for no reason.

Lord Darkshire, you are a very incompetent moderator. I don't know what poking the bear is -- but go poke your own bear.

Lmao. OP hasnt been back for days. And were just debating

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Not the point I was making.

If a man doesn't want to date a woman because he thinks she's ugly, that's his business, and he has every right to make that decision about her. And it's none of her damn business.

I added a bolded part for you, I'm sure it was a typo or something since you used that phrase when referring to yourself. I agree with the quote by the way, completely agree. Again: not the point I was making.

Yes some people on this thread do seem to think that way - it is not, however, the point I was making. If this^ wasn't referred to me, okay .

Agreed. Individually, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, each one of us is free to do what we want.

Michelle, I think you're right, and it's probably a combination of things. People are more likely to casually date an unattractive person with no long term intentions, which leads to and imbalance in the feelings between the two.
    Hmm... but why would someone date a person they aren't attracted to in the first place? Sleeping around, even being friends with benefits, that I can understand, but actually dating them (even if with no intention of making it last long-term)? Sounds pretty useless to me - especially since why would you want to have sex with a person you weren't attracted to? I mean if you haven't been "getting any" for months or something, you can always go to a bar or club and hook up with someone. You don't have to actually date them.

I do think life is easier in general for attractive people, but attraction does not necessarily gain you respect.
    I agree with this - but instead of "attractive" I would say "conventionally attractive", i.e. adhering to the current beauty standards. It's probably implicit anyway, but I think it's worthy to point out.

Superficially things are easier, but being attractive has it's own set of problems. Consider the plight of very attractive women. Attractive women also have to deal with more jealousy/possessiveness and creeper/stalker/"nice guys". Many guys will show interest just because they're hot, and only want her for that. I know I've worked to nail a girl I wasn't all that interested in, just because she was hot, and then just stopped trying and rode it out until she got annoyed and left me alone. Doubt she(they) were too thrilled about it.
    Ugh, you're one of those guys XD! That is true by the way, it is a downside of being conventionally attractive: you get more of those kind of guys. Ugly Swan, think about it: if you aren't conventionally attractive, chances are that when a guy shows interest in you, they are really into you, not just because of your conventionally attractive looks :-). Of course they might still be interested in you just for your looks, but I think the odds are less than if you were conventionally attractive.
    Last edited by searock; 28-11-13 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Hmm... but why would someone date a person they aren't attracted to in the first place? Sleeping around, even being friends with benefits, that I can understand, but actually dating them (even if with no intention of making it last long-term)? Sounds pretty useless to me - especially since why would you want to have sex with a person you weren't attracted to? I mean if you haven't been "getting any" for months or something, you can always go to a bar or club and hook up with someone. You don't have to actually date them.

I agree with this - but instead of "attractive" I would say "conventionally attractive", i.e. adhering to the current beauty standards. It's probably implicit anyway, but I think it's worthy to point out.

Ugh, you're one of those guys XD! That is true by the way, it is a downside of being conventionally attractive: you get more of those kind of guys. Ugly Swan, think about it: if you aren't conventionally attractive, chances are that when a guy shows interest in you, they are really into you, not just because of your conventionally attractive looks :-). Of course they might still be interested in you just for your looks, but I think the odds are less than if you were conventionally attractive.
    lol who knows? They might just be settling for me. Pretty girls can be good people, too.
    It's not like every guy has unlimited options.

Plus I don't wanna be with someone that doesn't find me attractive--I'd rather be alone than be seen as second-rate.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast