+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The looks scale, how do guys rate?

The looks scale, how do guys rate?

What makes someone a 4 - 5-6-7-8-9-10? I never heard anyone call someone less than a 4 before so I started at 4 Plus I never really heard too many males rate anyone a 10 unless a supermodel.
    Is this article close to how men rate looks? Or not even close?

I have lots of male friends and they are always rating passerbys and what they rate isn't what I would rate, sometimes I would say a 7 and they think a 5, or they think a 9 and I think a 7.
    Not a lets debate it for serious sakes but curious how do men actually do their ratings.

And what is with the .5's?

http://www.livingwithballs.com/the-hotness-scale-defined/
    “I am the author of my life. Unfortunately I’m writing in pen and I can’t erase my mistakes.”

I don't usually think in these terms, but I'll give some examples. If we are talking about looks only for the most part.

4 - An average girl who doesn't keep herself fit. Most girls will be at least a 5-7 if they workout.

5 - An average looking girl who is not unattractive but not especially attractive.

6 - Slightly prettier than average

7 - Noticeably prettier than average, but not necessarily stunning

8 - Definitely prettier than average, but perhaps isn't in good shape or something like that

9 - Gorgeous, but maybe isn't in tip top shape

9.5 - A 9 who may not be physically a 10 but whom you are especially fond of.

10 - I've only seen one recently. This girl was absolutely stunning from head to toe. Gorgeous face, big boobs (not necessary to be a 10), totally in shape, great legs.

OP you should really start hanging out with more mature guys. This rating scale is pure bollox and only designed to make women feel like crap.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I don't know about assigning exact numbers to women, but every guy I know evaluates a potential match on her looks, among other things.

FWIW, I live an affluent part of New England which is generally thought of as having a high concentration of attractive people. Even so, rarely do I see a woman who turns my head. Most women fall under the average or below average categories, and that's only because they spend a lot of money on clothes, makeup, etc. They'd actually look even less physically attractive without those resources.

A lot of women have come to believe they're a lot better looking than they are because guys will flirt with them. What they don't seem understand is that most guys would flirt with a rock if it had breasts and a vagina.

So here's the information you are looking for: How many guys would hook up with you, given the chance? Probably a lot. But that just means you aren't horribly, horrendously ugly. How many guys like your look, combined with your other attributes, enough to want to forge a meaningful relationship with you? That number is much, much smaller.

I've met maybe a half dozen women in my entire life who 1) were genuinely pretty and 2) otherwise disn't suck so badly that they turned me completely off. These are the women I pursued.

Men in my social circle will tell you the same thing: It's exceedingly rare to meet a pretty, intelligent woman who is also not a bitch. Honestly, I can't even remember the last time I met a woman like that.
    Last edited by HDBadger; 24-11-13 at 06:26 PM.

I agree basically 100% with the above post. It really is very rare to meet a girl who is beautiful, intelligent, and someone you genuinely want to be around.
    Last edited by RobertWQ; 24-11-13 at 07:43 PM.

I agree with the two male posters above me. I think most women rate between a 5 and an 8 and what makes them that is very subjective.
    The .5s that get added to the numbers are for the extra effort the female puts forth that makes her stand out from maybe another girl or her friend.
    Not only men rate, alot of women do as well, probably for the same reasons, on face, body, maybe part is also personality.
    I will add that someone with an ugly attitude and a beautiful face will rate alot lower because how they act makes them ugly, imo.

Beauty and brains do exist. I'm living proof. You fellas need to get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    I get out plenty. Intelligent, pretty, non-bitchy women are the needles in the haystack of life.

Also, most women rate themselves better in most areas than they really are.

Did you just try to read me? That seems like you tried to throw shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post

To be completely honest, part of the "genuinely want to be around" and "non-bitchy" definition includes humility.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    I don't know about assigning exact numbers to women, but every guy I know evaluates a potential match on her looks, among other things.

FWIW, I live an affluent part of New England which is generally thought of as having a high concentration of attractive people. Even so, rarely do I see a woman who turns my head. Most women fall under the average or below average categories, and that's only because they spend a lot of money on clothes, makeup, etc. They'd actually look even less physically attractive without those resources.

A lot of women have come to believe they're a lot better looking than they are because guys will flirt with them. What they don't seem understand is that most guys would flirt with a rock if it had breasts and a vagina.

So here's the information you are looking for: How many guys would hook up with you, given the chance? Probably a lot. But that just means you aren't horribly, horrendously ugly. How many guys like your look, combined with your other attributes, enough to want to forge a meaningful relationship with you? That number is much, much smaller.

I've met maybe a half dozen women in my entire life who 1) were genuinely pretty and 2) otherwise disn't suck so badly that they turned me completely off. These are the women I pursued.

Men in my social circle will tell you the same thing: It's exceedingly rare to meet a pretty, intelligent woman who is also not a bitch. Honestly, I can't even remember the last time I met a woman like that.
    I disagree with the part about guys flirting with you if you're not ugly....I'm at least average. Virtually nobody hits on me. Seriously. This isn't even a case of me just being all "only losers come up to me, so they don't count"--no, like I'm ****ing invisible. So I FEEL so f**king ugly it's not even funny. Mind you--brutally honest platonic friends of mine have said I'm hot and I did have boyfriends that found me pretty--so I'm probably not "ugly". Yet I get no attention--like nobody really comes up to me at a party in order to hit on me.

So I think only 7+ women get approached. I'm a 6 at best. I hate my life.

Hmm... how in shape are you? A girl with a pretty face who is in shape is highly likely to get hit on. Do you work out?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertWQ View Post
    Hmm... how in shape are you? A girl with a pretty face who is in shape is highly likely to get hit on. Do you work out?
    Assuming you were talking to me lol:

I'm average body. Back when I was skinny it was no different. My rear and rack are both good/great. My point is I'm not pretty--therefore the thing about average girls getting attention is false. Maybe it's just because I'm in Toronto, Canada. But I doubt it.

Do you workout though?

Guys pick up on a girl's fitness level more than most girls may realize. A girl who is fit will look better in clothes and when she is showing skin (do you do this?) ... additionally, the added confidence, poise, and energy it gives her will add to her appeal. It even makes you feel better and look and feel prettier!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertWQ View Post
    Do you workout though?

Guys pick up on a girl's fitness level more than most girls may realize. A girl who is fit will look better in clothes and when she is showing skin (do you do this?) ... additionally, the added confidence, poise, and energy it gives her will add to her appeal. It even makes you feel better and look and feel prettier!
    No, I do not. Have been trying to do so for my own standards/preferences but sooo lazy >.> esp. when guys (friends and boyfriends) always tell me my body is great, etc. It's like ....working out is reduced to a luxury where I don't NEED it, just want it.

But that's the thing-- I used to be skinny.....it didn't make much difference, so I don't know....I don't see how working out is relevant unless it makes you lose weight.

I mean, to be honest, I know you can make your rear bigger/better through working out (that's what I wish I had motivation for--as I want my thighs and "rear" to be thicker). It's just that I don't think it's very relevant to my situation because I don't have issues in that department.

I think it just comes down to my face. I feel hideous. Even though I'm supposedly above average, I just feel ugly.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast