+ Follow This Topic

Thread: six years and I still cant move on

six years and I still cant move on

Hi, I fell in love with this person six years ago and idk why, see he didnt really do anythimg special, he isn't even so nice, it was as soon as I saw him he stole my heart, amd no its not physical, it was more of a spiritual thing, its like I could see him, but he cant see me. Well we stopped seeing each other for years and I had a boyfriend for q verylong time, and he was great, but still, in the back of my mind, I would think of him. Well that ended and I decided to contact him because I didnt want to live in what if land. We saw each other, even became intimate, but he still doesnt want me in the way I want him. I would do so much for him, go the extra mile but he wont, hes not even afrectionate with me, I know I should move on but of years of not seeing him didnt erase my feelings for him, im afraid ill never move on, and I dont want to be in love with a person who will never love me back, I dont want to be unhappy, I feel so miserable, even tonthe point that i walk and am always on the lookout to see if I run into him, Im not crazy, I want to forget an unreturned love.

Is it love - or is it obsession? Let's start with a critical look at this love of yours. Start by listing all the reasons why you love him.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You live in dream.

I know exactly how you feel and will tell you this, from a the perspective of someone who has been down that road. I find that this feeling you have for him, this incredible attraction is pure, unconditional love. You don't know what it is about that person that keeps you coming back to him, I had the same thing. But after a long time I started realizing the truth behind the glass - What I felt and what you feel is obsession.
    I won't be able to tell you how to get rid of it, but really there are 3 ways you can go down:
    - You can continue obsessing over him and taking all you can
    - You can cut all ties, never-ever contact him, just turn away from the person completely
    or the last one, which is really not something you can influence on your own, but you can find someone else who you'll have a similar feeling for, but this time mutual.

Wish you the best of luck and willpower on getting over this person, hope you'll find someone to love.

Its infatuation-not love. Normal people get over someone within 6months usually. Get some counselling. Id understand if you were married for 20 years and couldnt move on but this isnt healthy. Sounds you barely even no him and he just used you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    I know exactly how you feel and will tell you this, from a the perspective of someone who has been down that road. I find that this feeling you have for him, this incredible attraction is pure, unconditional love. You don't know what it is about that person that keeps you coming back to him, I had the same thing. But after a long time I started realizing the truth behind the glass - What I felt and what you feel is obsession.
    I won't be able to tell you how to get rid of it, but really there are 3 ways you can go down:
    - You can continue obsessing over him and taking all you can
    - You can cut all ties, never-ever contact him, just turn away from the person completely
    or the last one, which is really not something you can influence on your own, but you can find someone else who you'll have a similar feeling for, but this time mutual.

Wish you the best of luck and willpower on getting over this person, hope you'll find someone to love.
    "Pure unconditional love" WTF are you on about, Archie. You're in dreamland my man. Unconditional love my ass. When someone is not reciprocating your longing for them, then its called unreciprocated "love" not unconditional love. Once YOU and the good op realize that then you'll get over your esoteric mind fk and be able to move on to someone that actually gives a shit about you.

OP: You are addicted to the lust he gives you when he deems HE'S horny and will give and take an orgasm. Other then that, you're on your own. This is called being his **** buddy who he uses as a warm wet place to masturbate.

Get the help YOU need to get over him. Start by rehabbing from your addiction to this unreciprocated so called "love" you have for him by going zero contact and never seeing him again. When he pops into your head then immediately change the thoughts to him to something else. Get out of your own head by finding fun things to do, starting a new hobby, joining activity groups anything that will help you stop mind-fvcking yourself.

You are wasting good dating years pining over someone that finds you good for one thing and one thing only. Surely you think better of yourself then that? Surely! If you don't then get the professional help you need to get over your obsession to someone who does not love you back.

Seriously.. this is NOT unconditional love. It is codependency, love addiction, weak willed and emotionally wrecking what you are in. It is ANYTHING BUT love.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

P.S. Stop using other people. Stop dating all together until you can stop obsessing over the turd you are lusting after. It's unfair to any other guy you date or form a relationship with if your head space is filled with someone else.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You must follow your heart to know what to do