+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did she say she loved me?

Why did she say she loved me?

I recently split with my girlfriend of almost 2 years. We are both mid 30's. Our relationship was fine up until the last 2 months when she started blowing hot and cold. I had asked her if something was wrong but she said she was just stressed with work. She ended the relationship suddenly stating that she didn't miss me anymore and that she wasn't happy anymore. I'm convinced that she had been thinking about breaking for the last two months which would explain her being hot and cold. I'm 90% certain there wasn't another man involved. What I can't understand is that the last time I saw her as she left my house she said "I love you loads" and a few days before the breakup she texted me one morning saying "good morning, love you". My question is why did she tell me she loved me and pretend everything was ok when she was obviously planning on splitting up with me?

Couple of reasons....first, habit is hard to break. Also, she may not have yet completely decided to end the relationship, so was keeping her thoughts to herself.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You are still dear to her heart but she isn't in love with you anymore.....and I think she's felt pretty bad about having decided to breakup so she is just letting you know she still cares and hoped there won't be hard feelings. I don't think it was very easy for her.
    Last edited by smackie9; 27-11-13 at 01:36 PM.