+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do if I've already been really awkward with a girl?? PLEASE HELP!

What to do if I've already been really awkward with a girl?? PLEASE HELP!

Alright. I know this is long, but i really need some help on this!

So normally I'm not the type of person that goes to forums like this for questions that i am having. I actually made this account just to post this question.

Ok. So I'm going to describe myself before i explain my situation. I am 16 years old, and go to an ordinary public high school in the U.S. I'm a nice guy, have good grades, and I'm not good looking and have a very unusually large broken nose, but I'm not light speed ugly either and plus i don't really believe that looks really matter. I have a lot of great friends that consist of girls and guys. I am a really good artist, and a really fast runner. I am in good healthy shape and exercise moderately.

Now the problem is that I like this one girl in my class. She is smart, nice, and i would say the most beautiful girl i've ever seen in my life (and i've been to almost every continent in the world and have seen thousands and thousands of girls so i'm pretty qualified to say that she is absolutely drop dead gorgeous). And she's the kind of girl that is real and doesn't really like attention, which I would say in the biggest reason why i like her since i absolutely hate attention whores and girls who have a fake personality.

Now Here is the problem. I have liked her last year in my freshman year, but i could never talk to her, because in my class, the teacher was always talking and so i could never just go up and talk to her. but the huge mistake i made was that I kept staring at her because i just couldn't help myself looking at her cause she's so damn beautiful. But i thought i made it so awkward, that i just decided not to talk to her. And i was stupid, and never talked to her. And then Sophomore year came by in September, and i had her in my 2nd period precalculus class. I still didn't talk to her until i was coincidentally placed next to her when we switched seats. Okay now in every single period except for 2nd, I can talk to every girl and make everyone laugh their asses off. For some reason I'm really able to flirt with everyone, except for that girl I like. I really have no idea why. I've been sitting next to her for almost 4 weeks now and pretty much the only thing I say is Hi everyday and small talk. And she's a really quiet girl and never says anything which makes it ever harder to talk to her. But i know that she's not always like that since I've seen her with another guy and she's laughing her ass off and she's talking a lot so I know that it's my fault.

Now I know that the number #1 thing that women are attracted to is confidence and I've come to realize you're only confident if you are a good speaker and good conversationalist. And i can be confident, but I'm not really a good speaker. English is not my native language and so I almost always slur words and might stutter sometimes. Also because i only speak English for a portion of my day every day, I am not really used to having a lot of conversations. I'm an only child and my parents work until around 10pm and so when i come home from school I don't really talk to anyone, which results in me not having much conversation topics to talk about.

I also want to point out that I've never had a girlfriend before and I've never even kissed a girl. But I really want her to be my girlfriend and not at all because of the status of having one or some stupid sh*t like that. I really need her in my life if i want to survive this year which is supposedly the hardest and most stressful year of my life with all my college courses and whatnot, then I really need her in my life. But I have no experience and can't flirt with her like the other guys.

So here's my question,
    what do I do? I have 2 days left to get my **** together and when I come back to school on Monday and walk into my 2nd period math class, I really want to have a good conversation and make her laugh and everything. If there are any guys reading this, what would you do if you were in my situation? And if there are any girls reading this, with all the things I have said, would you possibly give me a chance to redeem myself or would you never go out with me at all after all that awkwardness? And what do you think I should do?

And I can ask her how her thanksgiving break was, but lately that's all i've been asking her. I've only been asking her how her weekend was every week and I only ask questions, I don't really have conversations with her. I want to flirt with her and be sarcastic with her and tease her and whatnot, you know? I don't want to be serious anymore and have small talk about school subjects anymore. And I want to ask her out to the movies for next weekend. But In order to do that I have to break the ice and have her become comfortable with me and I need some opinions on how i should specifically do that. She already didn't really talk much in the beginning of meeting her, but now she hardly even acknowledges me. And she doesn't really seem that interested, but i would like to change that since that's my permanent seat for the whole year and I might as well go somewhere with her.

I am incredibly sad and lonely everyday when I come home, and i just really need love in my life. I would really appreciate the help!

Thank you!

Just sit next to her and say "So howzit going?" Then ask her about her holiday or whatever.

..........btw all you can do is try....better to have tried and failed rather than have never tried at all.

You need confidence.

You need to completely change your mindset.

Don't put her on a pedestal. Yeah, she might be physically attractive, but what if her personality is unattractive? You're an interesting guy (who travels the world), so she has to qualify herself to you as much as you have to qualify yourself to her.

By now, it might already be too late to talk to her. Don't worry, I've been there before. All you have to do is use it as a learning experience and not make the same mistake in the future.