+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So about cheating. Anyone knows anything about how karma works?

So about cheating. Anyone knows anything about how karma works?

Hey all.
    I've been cheated on for the first time in my life.
    The guy was telling his best friend that I'm perfect, and that he sees me seriously and all.
    He didn't even mention any flaws. At the same guy he was having threesomes, and one night stands (I'm guessing).
    I don't think he regrets anything. He doesn't know anything, I ended the relationship for another reason, and then I found out.
    I didn't love him, It was simple infatuation.
    I am sure he moved on with his life, with no regrets at all of his actions.
    I'd like to hear similar stories, and tips on how you let this go.
    I keep blaming myself for staying with him, even though my instincts told me to get as far away from him as possible.
    I thought that someone loving him would help him be a better person, but that's just bullshit in the end.
    Any revenge/karma stories would be interesting too.
    Thanks.

My ex cheated on me. I dumped him. 6months later he met someone new. After 3-4years together she had an affair which lasted 3months.. theres his karma i suppose

The best karma though is moving on with your life, not letting the experience make you lose trust in the world/men and meeting someone truly amazing who you can trust.

The guy is a sleaze. Screw him. Maybe hell catch herpes. Theres good karma

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Revenge is bullshit, just move on. Plotting revenge or hoping for karma just means he still has strings in you with which to dick you around and a degree of control over you emotions that you simply cannot allow him if you are to go on with your life.

I am sorry that this happened but you have to move on.

And yes if someone is going to cheat showing them love isn't going to change them. Love is not magic. I know that's not the sexiest idea in the world but reality never is when compared to fantasy. If you're going to love at all, love that person for who he is, not in the hopes that your love will transform him into a manifestation of your ideals. The latter has an exactly 0% chance of working out in your favor, as you've now learned the hard way.

I've been cheated on before too. Whatever. I still love her - not in a romantic way anymore but I wish her the best and I hope she finds it within herself not to repeat the wrongs that she committed so that she can find happiness and fulfillment with a good man in the future. I learned a long time ago that the only person you're hurting by holding grudges is yourself - the stark reality is that nobody else gives a fukk about our grudges - including the person/people we would hold them against. That's a hard life lesson to learn, as most of us like to believe that we are special and the world owes us conformity to and concern for our emotions, part of growing up is coming to understand how delusional that mentality is.

Best to just move on. You're angry, hurt, and frustrated and that's normal, I totally sympathize with those feelings but there isn't much you can do but just deal with it. There are plenty of men out there who would never hurt you like this - they are in your future and the man in question is in your past. What's more important to you? The future - something you can control to a degree and make your own? Or the past - something that has already happened and you can do nothing to change?
    Last edited by dickriculous; 02-12-13 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate this.
    I mean no harm to anyone, but the right thing is that people should be punished for their mistakes.
    He should learn how it feels, and hopefully this way he won't want to hurt any other women in his way.
    I am trying to move on, and I think I'm getting there eventually. Soon too.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My ex husband cheated on me multiple times until I finally got my sh*t together and left him. I was young so it was hard.

For a long time I wished bad things for him for treating me so awfully for no fault of my own. I left him almost 7 years ago and have since remarried, but we stayed friends, strangely. I still cared about him even though I was hurt. I don't believe in karma but I do believe your negative actions will eventually replay themselves or cause you to invite negative people into your life. So for seven years I watched him go through crap relationship after crap relationship, fail at his job, get a DUI, make stupid decisions.

Funny thing is, this year he called me one day out of the blue and told me that he had been an idiot and that he was officially apologizing for treating me like crap. He said that finally realizing what he'd thrown away was the worst punishment he could ever receive. I did nothing to get revenge.....I just let him suffer with himself. No revenge needed, it sorted itself out.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Ya the best revenge is being the best you can be and dont worry about it... they do get what they deserve in the end without you doing anything

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".