+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do girls play hard to get

Why do girls play hard to get

I just recently started talking to this girl and when I text her she takes about an hour to reply to the first message then she'll text be back and say something that she knows ill reply to. we'll send 3 or 4 messages then she'll make me wait again is she playing hard to get or just busy? Why do girls play hard to get?

She isn't playing hard to get, she is just showing you she isn't that interested in you. Just because a girl lets you contact her on FB doesn't mean anything. Some girl just like the attention and nothing more.

Has she been flirting at all? Making hints that you should ask her out? or go do something? if not don't waste your time.

FYI a girl is never too busy for a guy she really likes.

Stop texting with her unless she initiates. Start meeting up with her in person, and let her do the texting in between. With girls who play hard to get, less is more. Do your own thing, keep pursuing other girls, and treat her as an option. If things don't get sexual within the first couple of dates, stop talking to her. If things do get sexual, don't bring up your emotions with these type chicks either. No initiating relationship talks, no future talks, or any of that, let her do it all. Like I said before, treat her as an option and keep looking for others.

This is just a guess. You realy cant know whats up since you dont see in the other side of the screen. She might be busy or dont even noticing new messages. Best is to use direct communication and phone is good only as bridge to meet in eye to eye.

Best you can do is not to put pressure on the messages and just be relaxed or busy just like she is.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Why do guys open threads that generalize for no reason? (See what I did there?)

It's not a generalization, it's a distinction. As I had to explain to Wakeup, "girls" is not the same as "all girls". Perhaps he thinks men and women play hard to get for different reasons, or he simply doesn't care why men would play hard to get. Give him a break, he's not being sexist.

Take Backups advice. If she was playing hard to get then this will prompt her to pursue you. If it doesn't prompt her to pursue you then she wasn't playing hard to get, she was just not interested. I'm kind of leaning toward the latter tbh but this way you make sure and if it turns out I'm wrong then good for you.

I should have gone in to more detail We hung out twice and it was until early in the morning she asked me to come in and eat at her job because she was bored. she told me when I left last weekend to give her a hug and text her when I get in the car. She also has 2 kids that are 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Orioles1744 View Post
    I should have gone in to more detail We hung out twice and it was until early in the morning she asked me to come in and eat at her job because she was bored. she told me when I left last weekend to give her a hug and text her when I get in the car. She also has 2 kids that are 2.
    Advice is the same.

Oh for heaven's sake....She's got TWO YEAR OLD TWINS! Her world no longer revolves around her phone.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Oh for heaven's sake....She's got TWO YEAR OLD TWINS! Her world no longer revolves around her phone.
    Agreed. Advice is still the same.

I agree and the more I think about it when I go see her at work she sets her phone down and wont pick it up for awhile. Last night I was joking and said wow that was a long reply lol jk She replied lol sorry Im putting the little monsters to bed. I know she loves attention the guy she was talking to didn't give it to her and it would make her upset. Im going to see if she wants to go see a movie this weekend.

See if she wants to come to your place and watch a movie this weekend instead of going out.

Quote Originally Posted by Orioles1744 View Post
    I agree and the more I think about it when I go see her at work she sets her phone down and wont pick it up for awhile. Last night I was joking and said wow that was a long reply lol jk She replied lol sorry Im putting the little monsters to bed. I know she loves attention the guy she was talking to didn't give it to her and it would make her upset. Im going to see if she wants to go see a movie this weekend.
    Smart move. For what it's worth, I have two kids....and it's not at all uncommon for me to pick the phone up after half a day and see a series of missed messages. Or I turn off the ringer for some reason and forget to turn it back on and don't hear messages coming in.

It's not game playing, it's just that I only have time for 'real' conversation. Either face-to-face or talking on the phone.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    It's not a generalization, it's a distinction. As I had to explain to Wakeup, "girls" is not the same as "all girls". Perhaps he thinks men and women play hard to get for different reasons, or he simply doesn't care why men would play hard to get.
    Then he should have specified "why do some girls play hard to get?" or (since this is actually what he is interested in) "why does this girl play hard to get?"

Give him a break, he's not being sexist.
    Didn't say he was, I just don't like generalizations. It's equally annoying if it's a woman that generalizes regarding guys (except of course it doesn't have the whole sexist background to make it even worse, but that's not the point).

Anyway, OP, I agree with basil. She isn't answering straight away because she's got other more important things to take care of. It doesn't mean she isn't interested in you.

What you need to seriously think about is: are you sure you would like to get more involved with a woman with two toddlers?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast