+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Eating me up inside....

Eating me up inside....

Hello all. I was dating a woman for three months and then she broke it off. She is a friend of the family, that is how we met. Throughout the dating phase we had a few ups and downs and Miscommunications.
    I took a lot of things that she said to heart and I feel like I acted a tad bit immaturely or frankly acted very emotional. I know that is a big turn off to women. We were suppose to go out a few weeks back but she had to switch up the plans so I got a little upset because I wanted to really show her and do something nice for her. We end up arguing a bit and then she said this isn't working. We are not compatible, "too much bickering we should be friends"..... I pleaded with her that I know I can act differently. And I knew myself had been acting in a emotional way. She would not budge. I tried to persuade her but she was just telling me, that's just how she is. When things go sour she rarely is able to revert back. Keep in mind she said all this through text.

The week after she said all this she continued to text me here and there( goodnight, and a few filler texts as I would call them). I brought it up again and she said she didn't know lets try to be cool, and see if our feelings change. I said ok. I read around and most people said the best thing to do in those situations is to agree with the separation, and not to seem like a weak person. So I tried to talk to her the day before Thanksgiving but she was busy , so the day after I told her I agreed we should stop dating and if something happens between us, we will see.

She has a child and a lot of the times she would ask me to come by I would second guess it because we had already had a conversation about how she doesn't bring new guys around her child, until a relationship is solidified. So in that regard I was trying to do something good but it ended up making things more complicated. I have stepped back and now we don't communicate at all.

I cant help how I feel its way more than wanting to get back with her, but I just feel like I acted in a way that I am a little embarrassed ( not that she is perfect) but I need closure. Its just so many things she doesn't know and I don't have the avenue to tell her.

I know most will say, let it go and don't worry, and that's what I'm trying to do. But its hard redeeming yourself when your not given the opportunity.

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Every guy that's been dumped wants that one last opportunity. Chances are she made up her mind and decided to end the relationship long before she said you two weren't compatible.

Your probably right. She did say she was feeling that way for about 2 weeks. I just know I had been acting on emotion. I Just want to show her and myself a better side. But I guess I can do that without being in a relationship or dating her again.
    Last edited by chicagochuck; 05-12-13 at 10:13 AM.

Take your time and don't act on emotion. Whenever you feel like saying something emotionally-fueled try to squash it and think before you speak.

Over time if it was meant to be and you give room for the friendship to grow and develop, love will begin to bloom again.