+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it too early?

is it too early?

I've been friends with my boyfriend for two months, we've dated for two weeks now and we've had sex twice soo far, I feel we are moving too fast, the sex is beautiful and all but I just think we are moving fast, is it okay to continue with the sex or hold back? and if I'm to do so how do I hold back?

Why should you hold back if you feel comfortable with it? There are no rules when it comes to relationships, you just do whatever feels right. If having sex is what feels right, it means it's not too early.

how old are you?

Thanks.
    bluedog I'm 22

It's hard to pull the sex away after you get it and give it but there should be no reason you can't do what you want. If you want to you do it if not it's up to you. He has to respect that no matter what and plus you will quickly see what kind of a guy he is

If I started having sex with someone and they then pulled back and refused, it would be a deal breaker. Just sayin'
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Waiting to have sex is one thing. Starting a sexual relationship then trying to pull back doesn't work. That ship already sailed. Yea two weeks in could be considered a little fast but you did know him longer. Forward is always a better direction.

Its too late now. Youve already slept with him. Ypu cant just change your mind now. He will think your a freak.. Whats the big deal? Your both adults, youve known him two months and you obviously like each other. Y fix something thats not broken?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You don't have to cut out sex altogether if it feels right. You two can go at it all you like and still go slow from this point forward. It doesn't mean that you're going to be saying "I love you" next week and the week after be planning a wedding. I'll be honest that the guy I'm currently dating and I have gotten a little heavy into kissing and other things (not full out sex but still) the first date. But it just felt right to us, and it didn't mean that we were going to go fast. From that point forward, we went slow and allowed our emotional connection to grow.

Bottom line: Take it as it feels right for both of you, but don't go so fast that the emotional connection skews off course. Spend some time together just walking and talking.

Re: is it too early?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    You don't have to cut out sex altogether if it feels right. You two can go at it all you like and still go slow from this point forward. It doesn't mean that you're going to be saying "I love you" next week and the week after be planning a wedding. I'll be honest that the guy I'm currently dating and I have gotten a little heavy into kissing and other things (not full out sex but still) the first date. But it just felt right to us, and it didn't mean that we were going to go fast. From that point forward, we went slow and allowed our emotional connection to grow.

Bottom line: Take it as it feels right for both of you, but don't go so fast that the emotional connection skews off course. Spend some time together just walking and talking.
    Thanks, I really don't want to stop having sex with him altogether, I just want to take it slow, thing is I don't know how to take it slow, I always want to see him, he makes me happy, he always makes me laugh, always has time for me, we haven't fought soo far, we are meant to meet on Friday, Friday is our official day like we meet and spend time alone just the two of us, normally we would meet on any other day just taking walks or driving around. I just want to know how to take it slow.

Re: is it too early?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Its too late now. Youve already slept with him. Ypu cant just change your mind now. He will think your a freak.. Whats the big deal? Your both adults, youve known him two months and you obviously like each other. Y fix something thats not broken?

I just want to take it slow. Thing is I don't know how to.

Why do you want to take ot slow? Just find some balance-dont neglect other people in your life etc..

"Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I agree with Michelle. Retain your identity by spending time doing the things you like to do on your own, without him. But also spend time with him. As long as you can create that balance, you're golden. It's when you block out the world that you have trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by blutifuldoll View Post
    Thanks, I really don't want to stop having sex with him altogether, I just want to take it slow, thing is I don't know how to take it slow, I always want to see him, he makes me happy, he always makes me laugh, always has time for me, we haven't fought soo far, we are meant to meet on Friday, Friday is our official day like we meet and spend time alone just the two of us, normally we would meet on any other day just taking walks or driving around. I just want to know how to take it slow.
    If you feel this way why would you want to hold back? Why ruin a good thing enjoy what you have. If you shift gears all of a sudden that will sabotage the relationship as he will wonder what is wrong. My two cents!
    Variety is the spice of life! Work on your relationship every single day and you will be rewarded greatly. Visit www.revupyourrelationship.com for advice